Which Limited Slip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Limited Slip?

I'm making the xmas list, and need to choose an LS unit. There are 3 I'm looking at that are all in the same price range. Regardless of cost and install concerns, which one is the best, or which one would you choose? I'm looking for tight action and longevity. The models are as follows:

Auburn Pro limited slip
Powertrax no slip
Detroit Tru Trac

I know that the powertrax will be the easiest to install, but I'm willing to do either of the other ones as well.

Thanks,

Mitch

Old 12-06-2001, 03:06 PM
Post No-Slip!!

Ok, the Trutrac and auburn are limited slips. If one wheel is off the ground, you may have to use slight braking to torque bias it enough to "kick in". From what I've read on the powertrax, it appears to be a full locker that disengages around corners. If It was me, I would go with the No-slip. Once they come out with one for the 9.75 I'm throwing that in the rear. Klaibs

Old 12-06-2001, 06:33 PM
I'm not really concerned with having a wheel off the ground with this truck. It's a 2wd regular cab. I've got a Bronco with the Air Locker in the rear for the rocks.

Can anybody tell me how the powertrax is on the street? I think the tru trac is the mildest of these units, and the powertrax is the most aggressive.

Thanks,

Mitch

Quick Reply: Which Limited Slip?