No More Hop

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2001, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking No More Hop

You may have noticed in other threads that I always complain about wheel hop. Well now it's GONE! I put 280 lbs of sand bags in the bed a couple of months ago and they helped a little. They slide around a lot and that seemed to change their effectiveness. Then the other day while practicing 4 wheel drifts (I love snow) I noticed there was NO wheel hop! I looked back and saw that all of the sand bags were jammed into the rear passenger side corner of the bed. They are 100% effective in that position. Now I have to tie them down back there. Maybe they are balancing out the 250 lbs of me on the drivers seat.

------------------
2000 XL 4.6 5spd 2WD reg-cab long-box 3.55 LS 235/70/16 Chestnut (not 2-tone) Raven-Cap (and a '66 GTO with a '73 455, both combined cost less than a Lightning )

Old 02-07-2001, 03:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Makes sense,some of the old Camaro's and Firebirds used to have sealed cylinders with weights in them in each rear corner. This balanced them out to keep the rear end planted firmly on the ground,,,,,98

A guy once told me they were filled with Mercury!! I found it hard to believe,and still do. Scary if true........

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
Yokahama AVS/ST's
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Westin nerfs blk .powdercoat
Clear front corners
Stillen Quad light air dam, sweet!!
Euro taillights
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
[b]Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,don't laugh it sounds pretty good
Viper alarm
On the way/wheels,tires, etc..etc.......
the monochromatic boogie is done,cool!.
Come see my new pictures@ www.my-f150.com

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!
Had to take the picture out,it was way too out of date,,,,98

Old 02-15-2001, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

MINE HOPS ALOT TOO. A BUDDY OF MINE HAS A 98 X-CAB 150 WITH THE 5.4 ORP. HE PUT A SHELL ON HIS AND ALSO HAD RHINO LINING SPRAYED IN. HIS DOES NOT HOP ANY MORE.I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING TRACTION BARS. EVENTUALLY I WANT TO PUT A 4 LINK ON , BUT THAT WILL BE A WHILE.SAND BAGS ARE A GOOD IDEA I MAY DO THAT FOR A WHILE.

------------------
2000 F-150 X-CAB 4.6 5 SP
K&N FILTER, AIRBOX MOD,
HOMEMADE RAM AIR, KC LIGHTS IN GRILL, BUG DEFLECTOR, WINDOW GUARDS, CB W/ DUAL ANTENNAS, ALPINE CD, ORION AMPS, JL 10'S.
MANY MORE MODS TO COME

Quick Reply: No More Hop