lowered front alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lowered front alignment question

I'm using 2" lowere coils on the front of my truck and even after having the local Goodyear to align it, It is obvious that the wheels lean inward on the front. What I mean by inward is that the top of the tire lean farther in than the bottom. Is that normal for just a 2" drop or did they forget to do something or just do a lousy job. It tracks good and seems to wear evenly but I rotate every 6K miles anyway. Any suggestions are appreciated.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT 2WD, reg cab, styleside, swb, 4.6L, auto, red w/grey int.
Modifications: Replacement black leather steering wheel, Leather seat from Lariet, cd/cass combo from a superduty, 4WD bumper with lights, 4WD fender flares, Ground force lowering 2/4, 17" STX rims with 255/60R17 tires, Roll-n-Lock cover.

Old 02-21-2001, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MDCurtis, It sounds like you have too much negative camber. I also installed 2" drop coils on my F150 but my camber is set at 0 or close to it. Did you or Goodyear install an alignment kit after the coils were installed? If not, this could be the problem. Not having the kit installed could allow the alignment to change. If the alignment kit was installed, I'd check the alignment print-out from Goodyear to verify that it was properly set to factory spec's. Good luck

Quick Reply: lowered front alignment question