ELocker

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ELocker

Has anybody heard of the new ELocker from Eaton? It seems to be similar to the ARB but without the need for an air compressor. It has push button in cab activation like the ARB. There's a reference to it in the March issue of Four Wheeler. And I subsequently found this link:

http://www.traction.Eaton.com/prod1.htm

Towards the bottom of the article there is a video link of a SuperCrew in action.

Old 01-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Question

I bet this baby will set you back $1,000.00 plus labor to install.

Eaton and Ford will probably neogiate this E-locker as a Factory Option; however, I have no official proof.

Old 01-25-2002, 12:00 PM
I see on the application listing, it is only available for the 8.8. But it fits all kinds of crap like the Hyundai - where is the logic in that?

Ian

Old 01-25-2002, 07:13 PM
Angry

Today I spoke with a friend who has connections with Eaton Corp. The E-locker will become available to the public this fall. Regretfully, the E-locker will be available for the 8.8" Ford diff. and not available for the 9.75" Ford differential.

This is no suprise. Eaton has been a big bed partner with General Motors for years. If Eaton refuses to produce the E-locker for the 9.75"--they are going to miss alot of potential customers in the U.S. market.

Maybe if fellow F-150 owner's will voice their opinion by not purchasing Eaton products---maybe Eaton will get the hint???

I hope someone will foward this to someone @ Eaton drivetrain components division. If memory serves me corect, jgorka (a fellow member on f150online) works @ Eaton in Kalazamoo, MI?
gearmanx17

Quick Reply: ELocker