Where can I find a locker for a 9.75" rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I find a locker for a 9.75" rear

Trying to get my truck back together and I am looking for a full locker. I am only going in one direction....straight. I am not sure if the factory limited-slip will hold up to the abuse I will put it through. My drivetrain will consists of a custom 3,200 stall by Precision, Factory Tech built tranny, and 4.10's. Can anyone help me?

Old 03-23-2002, 01:29 AM
J.D. Blackwell,

I don't think they are making a full locker for the 9.75 at this time.
I replaced my stock limited slip with an Auburn and I'm now replacing the Auburn with an Eaton posi unit. The shop that is installing the diff assures me that the Eaton will hold up to the abuse unlike the Auburn. They also assured me that if I wasn't happy with the performance of the diff, I could install stronger springs which would make it perform like a locker. I understand you want a locker but this may be all that is available at this time. Hope this helps.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:41 AM
I appreciate the info.

Justin

Old 04-03-2002, 09:37 AM
NO lockers

Unfortunately, there are no lockers "at this time" that are specifically designed for either the 9.75 rear or the 8.8 front. I tried putting in an ARB locker in the front but we get 28 spline shafts. the ARB requires 31 splines on the axle stubs.. Any way.. Powertrax is still working on it's No-Slip application for the rear and front but until they come out with a axle retaining clip for the front.. I won't put one in. Hope that helps..

Old 04-05-2002, 04:06 AM
i have an auburn posi. whats the difference between that and a locker? stupid question? maybe. sorry

Quick Reply: Where can I find a locker for a 9.75" rear