New Frame, New Bed, New Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Frame, New Bed, New Bumpers

My baby is hurt!! Someone w/out insurance rearended me and sent me careening into another car. State Farm has been real good...and insists Ford Body shop replaces bed, both bumpers, exhaust, tow bar...and get this... I get a whole new frame... Mixed feelings about this. Should I expect to have all kind of parts rattling loose and falling off??? or should I just be grateful they didn't total it out and give me 16K for my 24K truck?

------------------
00' Blk Flare Rg. Cab XLT
3.55LS

Old 04-28-2001, 07:36 PM
I'm suprised that they didn't total the truck out. I've heard some states are making it illegal to fix frames because of all the problems that can accompany it. Once its bent it can be hard to get it exactly the way it used to be. If they are giving you an entirely new frame then you should be ok, but if they're just going to attempt to straighten it then you might want to do something with it.

------------------
1997 F-150 Lariat
Ext Cab Short Box
4x4 Off Road Package
3.55 Gears
285/75 R16 Kelly Springfield Trailcutter RTs

My 2 cents worth

If you're gonna stroke it, POWERSTROKE IT!!!

http://www.powerstroke73.homestead.com/

Old 04-28-2001, 07:47 PM
MBernot,

My brother-in-law had the bed, both bumpers and frame replaced at the ford dealer by State Farm insurance last year. I've driven his truck and also followed him down the road. It rides like it did before, no new squeaks or rattles, and most importantly doesn't crab walk (drive sideways) down the road. If your dealer is as good as his- Theodore Robbins in Costa Mesa you should have no problems. It did take about three weeks because of waiting for the new frame.
Jim

------------------
99 XLT SC Flareside Sport, Oxford White, 4.6l, 275/60/17, 3.55LS, 4 wheel discs/ABS, Ford bedliner, Downey Tonneau, K&N, Flowmaster II Dual out rear catback, Clear corners. Street Scene grille painted black and Stillen Storm air dam with lights (unpainted for now).

[This message has been edited by Jim A (edited 04-28-2001).]

Quick Reply: New Frame, New Bed, New Bumpers