Powertrax Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powertrax Problems

Im just trying to see how many of you peeps have had problems with powertrax? I purchased a unit sometime in june and liked it, but have had nothing but probs with it. i would barley take off and it would start making my truck hop and swirve. We took a look at all the powertraxs parts and one of the parts where damaged. We checked the rest of the rear end and everything seems to be fine. I purchase a second powertrax unit because i was out of summits warranty and the same thing happened again only 3 days after i got it put in. It broke in the exact same spot. My mechanic here called powertrax customer service and they where stumped. They thought maybe the gears in the rear end where prob warped, but my mechanic did all the messurements and everything seems to be ok. I sent it back to to summit and am going to try the Eaton Posi, hopefully i wont have any probs. Anyone out there with simular probs? I noticed with the powetraxs that if you take off sometimes hard, the truck would shake and get alot of wheel hop, anyone experienced this?

Old 12-13-2002, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoCo,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had the Powertrax Front and rear, in my old 83 Bronco. I didn't have any problems with them at all. Hopefully Summit or Powertrax is making it up to you.

John

Quick Reply: Powertrax Problems