The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

worst stuck pics lets see em!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol looks like you had it there for days after you sunk it, mud looks like it started to crack from drying out.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by OGTerror;4132720 [B
"that must have been scary"[/B]

Uhmm..... the evidence suggest differently. Take a look

http://www.vimeo.com/9694731

can watch vids, got dial up. in the picture it looks like your hanging on the egde of a tall drop off. no?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Phill
can watch vids, got dial up. in the picture it looks like your hanging on the egde of a tall drop off. no?
Yes sir, I was hanging off a 400 ft drop off, in the pictures and videos, (I know you can't watch the video) you can't really tell but the drop off angle is the same angle as the pictures down below. Both of these vehicle are located in the same off road area.

I know it is about a 400 foot drop cause this jeep that went down, I winched in the summer of 2009. I unspool my winch's cable 100 ft plus 5 more 100 foot ropes to get to it.

Last edited by OGTerror; 03-15-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Stuck in the sand

Was there any damage?

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by greenjrrobert
Was there any damage?
No damage on vehicle but a huge dent in the wallet. I had to turn the truck on to run my 12,000 LBS winch, due to the angle the vehicle was sitting the pump must have ran dry and burned.

After everything was said and done: $600 for a tow truck to get me out of the off road area and $800 to drop my thank and install a new pump.

Last edited by OGTerror; 03-31-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM
jesus, that was almost one hell of an uh-oh

Old 03-16-2010, 12:23 AM
dude that is freaky. i think at the point i saw that bike around the corner i'ld be messin my pants!

Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 PM

Just curious why that that yellow super duty had it in low range. Wheel speed is key with that sticky mud.

-Curtis-

Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by lakemarykid
Just curious why that that yellow super duty had it in low range. Wheel speed is key with that sticky mud.

-Curtis-
Amen to that.

Why is it that so many off roaders out there think that 4X4 in low gear is somehow going to help them when they are buried, high centered or other wise stuck? It doesn't magically create more traction.

Does anyone agree with me or am I missing something?

I understand low gears going downhill, rock crawling, etc. But for running through mud? It has never made sense to me the people running low gear, or those who say it's best.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM
For thick mud def go 4lo.You need that low gear to keep them tires turning when it gets deep and thick.It wont help if you are already stuck but I might be wrong but if Im about to hit some deep whole Im going 4lo.For easier trails and mud thats not deep 4hi.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by ktexas
Amen to that.

Why is it that so many off roaders out there think that 4X4 in low gear is somehow going to help them when they are buried, high centered or other wise stuck? It doesn't magically create more traction.

I understand low gears going downhill, rock crawling, etc. But for running through mud? It has never made sense to me the people running low gear, or those who say it's best.
For most people that have big tires but have failed regear, will find that in deep thick mud 4-hi will bog down and the tires won't spin. This is do to a few reasons 1) the added weight from the mud inside the wheel and trapped in the tread 2) the suction created by the thick mud 3) hq/tq loss from submerged exhaust 4) just being plain under geared and under powered.

Now when you put it in 4-Lo you have made up for your lack of gearing and the tires start to spin. Now what most novice wheelers don't notice/understand is that instead of the tires pulling they are actually digging, you need to keep the tire speed up to keep the tread clean and to prevent digging.

Before my SAS I was on stock gears and narrow 36" tsl swampers. My truck would normally make it though most anything, but deep bottomless mud I couldn't keep the wheel speed high enough to prevent the truck from digging, therefore I would often get burried up to the frame, once that happens your stuck no questions asked.

Now, on the other hand I won my fair share of "betcha can't make it" bets. If I was going though mud that had a hard bottom but was no more than 2 feet deep, I could put it in 4 Lo and scratch and claw my way out, its funny to watch, cause it would look like I was stuck then the tires would fine hard bottom and just start pulling me out.

Hope this helps,

Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, my truck is under powered (stock 4.9 I6) and undergeared (stock 3.08's with 33's) so when I go thru a mud hole I usually use 4lo and 2nd or 3rd gear. I also can't crawl down the trail slow enough in 1st in 4hi so I put it in 4lo and roll along in 2nd. I have found this to be the perfect speed for my particular truck while going down the trail.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by ktexas
Amen to that.

Must know that we are just a bunch of Off Roaders Wannabes we don't and never have claimed to be experts in off road, all I like to do is hit the trials and have fun; getting stuck and getting pulled out is just part of that fun.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asscott4
Well here it is. Took me 8 hrs before I got out and the worst part was we ran out of beer.

gosh darn bein stuck and runin out beer that sucks, this reminds me of when i got stuck

Old 03-26-2010, 01:11 AM
so you want your wheels to be going fast in mud? i thought you get buried like that? i dont go through mud very often its usually 4 feet or so of water with clay underneath it. and when i do that ive always been told slow is better so you dont get a tidal wave going over your engine. but in mud you wanna be going fast? do i have this right? and also when gonig into mud do you want to be going fast when you hit it it or ease into it and then start bookin?

Quick Reply: worst stuck pics lets see em!?!?