The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

worst stuck pics lets see em!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there's water involved stay slow, you want to make the swell go infront of the truck, not into the engine bay.
Now with mud, kinda depends on your setup, the key is to keep the tires spinning, this helps fling the mud out of the tread, so the tires don't end up looking like slicks.

Now momentum is another thing all together, you don't want to hit the mud at full speed, your ifs can only take so much, but you do need to be moving along once you enter the mud, so don't just drop in and gun it, more than likely you will get stuck doing that. I'm sorry I can't give you a mph that its good to hit mud at, its really a feel thing.

With my truck, I drop in and let the tires start digging. But my truck is also setup much different than a normal f150. And I like getting stuck.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
If there's water involved stay slow, you want to make the swell go infront of the truck, not into the engine bay.
Now with mud, kinda depends on your setup, the key is to keep the tires spinning, this helps fling the mud out of the tread, so the tires don't end up looking like slicks.

Now momentum is another thing all together, you don't want to hit the mud at full speed, your ifs can only take so much, but you do need to be moving along once you enter the mud, so don't just drop in and gun it, more than likely you will get stuck doing that. I'm sorry I can't give you a mph that its good to hit mud at, its really a feel thing.

With my truck, I drop in and let the tires start digging. But my truck is also setup much different than a normal f150. And I like getting stuck.
you truck is setup TOTALLY different than a normal f150. haha
but everything else you said sounded about right... its all a feel thing and it depends on the truck also...

just my $.02

-LTZ

keep the pics coming!!! i thought i had some... but cant find them anymore..lol

Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by ltz400racer
keep the pics coming!!! i thought i had some... but cant find them anymore..lol
well thats easy to solve... go take some more

Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Location: Greensboro, NC but goin to State so now its Raleigh
Serious question now lol seein as 04 and up has got the fully boxed frame anybody ever figure out a easy way to get all of the mud out of it cause its still in my frame and it dont like that at all some of its gone but not all

Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Stuck on the diffy

Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
Stuck on the diffy

thats awesome....how much ground clearance do you have with those tires and blocks? i'm always skeptical to go in real deep stuff

Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ford4Evrer
Serious question now lol seein as 04 and up has got the fully boxed frame anybody ever figure out a easy way to get all of the mud out of it cause its still in my frame and it dont like that at all some of its gone but not all
Put a body lift on and stick the sprayer up in the frame horns

I know what you're talking about. Once you go in mud in these trucks good luck getting it all out :P I took my gas tank skid plate off and dumped probly around 45# of dirt off it.... I could pick it up with one finger after it was cleaned.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
yeah i know man....but i crucially lack a body lift i may just take the bumpers off the thing and do it that way

Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by triathlonrunner
thats awesome....how much ground clearance do you have with those tires and blocks? i'm always skeptical to go in real deep stuff
I got about 12" or so of ground clearence, I will go mesaure in a second.

I go through deep crap all the time. I got stuck there because my friends Jeep made some HUGE ruts and I got stuck in them.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats my buddy in the back. He was jumping in the bed so I could get traction. He ate it when I got pulled out. It was hilarious, fell right on my spare tire.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Nettershakes

Thats my buddy in the back. He was jumping in the bed so I could get traction. He ate it when I got pulled out. It was hilarious, fell right on my spare tire.
How did you get in to that, it looked like you backed into it, did you go all the way accross and then get stuck?

Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM
This thread in itself is more time consuming than facebook...

Matt, you know want a body lift... c'mon man! Do it!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MUD DIGGER
How did you get in to that, it looked like you backed into it, did you go all the way accross and then get stuck?
Haha pictures can be decieving. Its actually dry about 5 feet back from where im at. The stuff in the back of the pic is where its real deep and we were trying to go around it. Initially I was all the way over that hump but once you get over that its straight goop. We were able to dig out the back tires the first time but the front tires got stuck when i backed off.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
haha it is more time consuming than facebook your right. But nope no body lifts for me its suspension or none so im waitin for the money pit to get deeper so in about 50 years ill get my 6 inches gotta pay for everybody elses runny noses and crap like that now which greatly reduces the toy fund

Last edited by Ford4Evrer; 04-01-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Just curious what is everyones ground clearance that posts in here
Mine is 13" at the front diff

Quick Reply: worst stuck pics lets see em!?!?