The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

worst stuck pics lets see em!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my buddy made it though with a stock '03 (i think) Expedition. I thought "hey my rides taller, I'll just gun it, YEAH" little did I know, his Expedition has a much shorter wheelbase than my F150.

After all said and done, I ****ed up the 7 pin trailer hookup, some how the 4 pin survived, and bent the little brackets on each side of the hitch. Hey nothing a little hammer pounding can't fix right? Luckily that's all that seemed to break, I went under after washing it and checked everything.

Last edited by mikeyboy236; 06-03-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Why did the shorter wheelbase help him...
That is the real question.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 PM
The size of the pit. My trucks bumpers were hung up on both sides.

Edit: Well maybe not the wheelbase, but the overall length atleast.

Last edited by mikeyboy236; 05-04-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
well that does make since.
Seems to me that you need either bigger tires or more lift, or both.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know it's not a F-150, but I laugh everytime I see this pic, mostly because it wasn't me driving.

M1114 Up-Armored HMMWV, keep in mind these things weigh 10500 lbs dry.

I can't find the pic of the carnage of getting it out, but in any case, the front driver side wheel was nearly torn off getting it out, sitting on the wrecker was pretty entertaining.

Last edited by jntibs; 05-04-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Truckin4life
well that does make since.
Seems to me that you need either bigger tires or more lift, or both.
Aw shucks, now I have to go out and buy bigger tires

Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Awesome thread!

I'll be borrowing a buddies 3 wheeler then (when I'm done with that) his recently purchased $50 4 wheeler redoing the electrical. He says the 3 wheeler wont get stuck with the rear axle locked but I'd better make sure.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm sure if you try hard enough you can get just about anything stuck

Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by 73mav302
I'm sure if you try hard enough you can get just about anything stuck
If you don't get stuck your not wheeling hard enough.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by TheTinian
This video......

Why do you stand right infront in your truck when trying to winch somebody out? Where is that cable gonna go if it breaks? They make winch remotes for a reason....
Put a jacket or something over your cable incase it does break it won't go flying as much.
Your using a 2-3" strap to pull out a 8000lbs truck.
You have a winch cable attached to a weak strap and snatching him with your winch in reverse of all things.
Tell the guy in the 250 it does help if you spin your tires a little more than 5 mph.
And all that money there, and your using a 2" ball for a recovery point???

Shall I say more?
I'm not trying to be a ****, I'm just stating a couple things that are pretty obvious from the video.
First of all I would like to point out that I would never even think you are a ****, that would be an insult to ****s.

Second, I was not winching the other vehicle when I was next to the winch. The feed was too loose so I had to guide it back onto the spool to make sure the feed didn't tangle up on me. Yes, I have seen at first hand what can happen if the feed were to ever break.

Finally, I need you to say no more cause you don't know the situation at first hand. The story behind the story is that we didn't expect to encounter mud especially in Vegas. One of the Vegas fellows was guiding us towards the hills for some trail riding and minor rock crawling, which was something I hadn't planned for. I was in Vegas at the time for the forum meet and greet, refer to posts https://www.f150online.com/forums/we...-greet-28.html and was not prepared with any of my off road/mudding equipment.

Put it this way, even though the mud caught us by surprise the event brought us a day full of fun.

Nuff said.

Last edited by OGTerror; 05-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 PM
If you don't get stuck your not wheeling hard enough.
Well right now it is in stuck in his front yard because he hasn't moved it since before winter and the tires went completely flat. Now there is so much stuff growing in it I'm just going to tie a rope to it and pull it out with my truck. I tried moving it but couldn't get the front tire more than an inch. He told me he's going to put new tires on it which means he's going to get a can of fix-a-flat and air them up. Then I have to get an air filter, flush the gas tank (because he unhooked the fuel line for some reason) as well as a new battery. Oh and this is after I figure out how to work the strange transmission. This thing is set up really funky with centrifugal clutches and random levers, I can't even begin to describe how to drive it. :o
But I'm not loading it up until he cranks it in front of me, otherwise I might as well buy a new one.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by OGTerror
First of all I would like to point out that I would never even think you are a ****, that would an insult to ****s.

Second, I was not winching the other vehicle when I was next to the winch. The feed was too loose so I had to guide it back onto the spool to make sure the feed didn't tangle up on me. Yes, I have seen at first hand what can happen if the feed were to ever break.

Finally, I need you to say no more cause you don't know the situation at first hand. The story behind the story is that we didn't expect to encounter mud especially in Vegas. One of the Vegas fellows was guiding us towards the hills for some trail riding and minor rock crawling, which was something I hadn't planned for. I was in Vegas at the time for the forum meet and greet, refer to posts https://www.f150online.com/forums/we...-greet-28.html and was not prepared with any of my off road/mudding equipment.

Put it this way, even though the mud caught us by surprise the event brought us a day full of fun.

Nuff said.
"First of all I would like to point out that I would never even think you are a ****, that would an insult to ****s."

I don't understand that.....

And you didn't adress any of the things I mentioned.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
"First of all I would like to point out that I would never even think you are a ****, that would be an insult to ****s."

I don't understand that.....

And you didn't adress any of the things I mentioned.
My point exactly, it is very difficult to see the big picture when you have such a small screen.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:35 PM
To help get things back on track here is a vid.
Nothing intense but it was a fun weekend just camping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6LgN7zufc

Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by jntibs
I know it's not a F-150, but I laugh everytime I see this pic, mostly because it wasn't me driving.

M1114 Up-Armored HMMWV, keep in mind these things weigh 10500 lbs dry.

I can't find the pic of the carnage of getting it out, but in any case, the front driver side wheel was nearly torn off getting it out, sitting on the wrecker was pretty entertaining.
Thats awesome

Quick Reply: worst stuck pics lets see em!?!?