Painted headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted headlights

Automotive Lighting - Painting and Tinting Services

If you are tired of your boring chrome lights and want to change things up a bit you have found the perfect thread.

PRICING CHANGES

Due to too many people not sending in their stock lights I will need to update the pricing to cover these losses. I will however offer a larger core return ($75 vs $40) to keep the overall price the same for you.

$175 Shipped within the Continental US gets you a set of headlights painted in any way you wish. However if your truck is not your daily driver and you wish to send me your lights directly I will open and paint them for $40 if you pay shipping both ways.

Headlight Colors include:
Black - Flat, Satin, Gloss
PTM - Duplicolor Matched Paint to your vehicles color + $5
PTM - OEM Ford Paint + $Actual Cost of a Can of paint (Rough Estimate $12-$17)

Painted Fog Lights

I can also open and paint fog lights to match your headlights. The price to do this is $25. Due to the high price of fog lights, if you need a core set sent to you first where you then send yours back to me the price will be $125 shipped with a $100 core refund when I get yours back.

Tinted Tails

$100 Shipped - Tails Only
$50 Shipped - Third Brake Light
$150 Shipped - Tails and Third Brake Light

Tinting can be done however you like, light, medium, dark with or without the reverse lights smoked etc... The tint will be cleared and polished to a nice shine or left flat if you prefer it that way.

Core Returns Accepted:

Headlights - $75
Tails - $35
Third Brake Light - $15
Fogs - $90

Currently I am adding individuals to a waiting list and notating how they want their lights done. I have 3 sets of headlights circulating which means the process does not take too long to move through the list but there is still a bit of a wait. Below is the list.

List:

Pictures :

Standard Style Satin Black Paint with Orange Reflector and ChromeTurn Signal Bow

Blackout Lights - Satin Black with Smoked Reflectors and Black Turn Signal Bowl

Blackout Lights - Satin Black with Smoked Reflectors and Chrome Turn Signal Bowl

Blackout Lights - Gloss Black with Smoked Reflectors and Black Turn Signal Bowl

PTM Dark Shadow Grey - Duplicolor PTM T299 DSG with Clear Coat, Orange Reflectors and Chrome Turn Signal Bowl

PTM E4 Red - Supplied by customer with Clear Coat, Smoked Reflectors, Chrome Turn Signal Bowl and Gloss Black Bulb Cover

Lightly Smoked Tails and Third Brake Light

Medium Smoked Tails

04 Style Fog Lights
Gloss Black by niteshades

Members using my Lights - Click to Enlarge

UsfBulls44 - Satin Black headlight with black turn signal bowl and smoked reflectors.

95sw21 - Gloss Black headlight with chrome turn signal bowl and smoked clear reflectors (aftermarket headlights)

Carolinaboy32- Satin Black with Chrome Turn Signal Bowl and Smoked Reflectors

Last edited by lordfeyr; 06-22-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
PMd u

Old 11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks. PM Replied.

When I get home from work I will take pictures of the set that is currently available and ready to go as well as the set that is on my truck at this time. (The ones on there have blacked out reflectors and turn signal bowl)

Old 11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I'd like to see the pics also....

Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I would like to see pictures as well.....not bad for $100.....my only worry is whether the paint will flake off or not if I put hids in it in the future or just with regular use.......but definitely would like a set.....I know i was mentioned this before but now I'm interested again lol

Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
I would like to see pictures as well.....not bad for $100.....my only worry is whether the paint will flake off or not if I put hids in it in the future or just with regular use.......but definitely would like a set.....I know i was mentioned this before but now I'm interested again lol
HIDs should not affect the paint. In fact HIDs burn cooler to the touch than a halogen bulb.

The ones I have that are ready to go are the ones that were on my truck for a few months before I picked up another set to smoke the reflectors.

Pictures later tonight.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Hey if you doing this I have a request if possible. I don't want to black my headlights I think the chrome looks better on my truck. But I have always wondered what a smoked reflector in a chrome light would look like? If you happen to have a smoke reflector that you could put in a head before you paint it and snap a pic I would really appreciate it. I it looks good I might be interested in just letting you do it and buy from you as well. Thanks!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
That can definately be done. How dark are you thinking?

The next set of lights I pull open I will smoke the reflectors and take a picture for you.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:36 AM
pictures added above.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I have a set of stockers just sitting around and thinking this over hard. I like the black headlights with the smoke reflectors and the tail assemblies, how much to have the tails (to include third break light) and headlights done with smoked reflectors?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by redryder05
I have a set of stockers just sitting around and thinking this over hard. I like the black headlights with the smoke reflectors and the tail assemblies, how much to have the tails (to include third break light) and headlights done with smoked reflectors?

Sending you a PM now.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Where are you located? I'm definitely going this route soon.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I am located in sunny southern california, 92392.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by lordfeyr
That can definately be done. How dark are you thinking?

The next set of lights I pull open I will smoke the reflectors and take a picture for you.
The pic you added above with the blackout reflector looks about right to me. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
oh wow okay I want the headlights with the reflectors in orange.....i like the smoked out ones too as long as the reflector isn't too dark....does this limit the light output or is it the still almost the same? Can you do something similar for the fogs?

Quick Reply: Painted headlights