glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
They don't do that here.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
They don't do that here.
Why not? They don't respond to members either, apparently. Can I have my profile deleted then so I can create another with my new username?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Suspended
They don't do that here either.

do you hate your name that much? the fact you have dzl (dizzle i'm assuming) would make me want to change it as well. good luck.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I did not respond as your question had been correctly answered. If names werechanged, it would create too much confusion. Multiple names is not allowed either.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can I change mine to-Most wonderful Master of the whole wide world? I think it sounds kinda catchy.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
They don't do that here either.

do you hate your name that much? the fact you have dzl (dizzle i'm assuming) would make me want to change it as well. good luck.
you assume wrong

Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I did not respond as your question had been correctly answered. If names werechanged, it would create too much confusion. Multiple names is not allowed either.
So to ask again, can you delete my profile so I can create another with the new username so that I would not have multiple profiles?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by rivydzl
So to ask again, can you delete my profile so I can create another with the new username so that I would not have multiple profiles?
No, that would in affect be multiple names and that is what I was saying is not allowed. Your name needs to remain as is.

Can you imagine the confusion in the threads if we deleted names and new names were allowed? Also, it would take a full time admin to just remove and add new names. Not going to happen

Last edited by Bluejay; 05-16-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Bluejay
No, that would in affect be multiple names and that is what I was saying is not allowed. Your name needs to remain as is.
Bluejay doesn't have the authority, he's the mod of members from the southern region of the US, you need to find a mod who has authority over the western region (since your from san diego) to be able to get it done, or you can change your region to the South and he might consider it

Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
Bluejay doesn't have the authority, he's the mod of members from the southern region of the US, you need to find a mod who has authority over the western region (since your from san diego) to be able to get it done, or you can change your region to the South and he might consider it
What the heck are you talking about? Don't be confusing me with stuff like that!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
You know, as long as I've been here, the whole "they won't change names here" confuses me. I read statements that "they" wont, yet I've seen members get their names changes. It's never something totally different from what it once was. Mostly it's if someone gets a new truck, changes color, etc. and their username has to do with their year truck and\or color... I've seen it done.

Not trying to stir the pot here, but I can't understand the statement of "it can't\won't be done" when I've seen it done.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Suspended
What the frick? I only want official answers from moderators/admin. I understand the multiple name issue; if my profile is deleted completely, then rivydzl wouldn't exist anymore. Then I could create another profile/username from scrach. Is this possible? If not, can I release responsiblity of my current profile by turning it over to my brother who just became a proud F150 owner. Then, in essence, I would not have 2 profiles. I don't mean to be confusing but my profile needs a makeover, including the username. I am starting a side business and would like my new username to be the business name so that all my posts/pics will be associated with that name through search engines. I have sent emails to the forum administrator via the website and haven't heard anything back.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by ChrisT
You know, as long as I've been here, the whole "they won't change names here" confuses me. I read statements that "they" wont, yet I've seen members get their names changes. It's never something totally different from what it once was. Mostly it's if someone gets a new truck, changes color, etc. and their username has to do with their year truck and\or color... I've seen it done.

Not trying to stir the pot here, but I can't understand the statement of "it can't\won't be done" when I've seen it done.
You sure can stir it without trying! I never said it could not be done. There have been a very few instances where a certain Administrator was apparently paid enough to make a minor change(not going to name the Admin). However, it is against the site policy to do so. Again, if everyone was allowed to change their name, we would be inundated with requests, and the identities would be total chaos.

One more thing, mine was changed by the administration when I became a mod. It was shortened, but basically the same, to make it more memorable and easier for members to contact me.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Global Moderator &

What the frick? I only want official answers from moderators/admin. I understand the multiple name issue; if my profile is deleted completely, then rivydzl wouldn't exist anymore. Then I could create another profile/username from scrach. Is this possible? If not, can I release responsiblity of my current profile by turning it over to my brother who just became a proud F150 owner. Then, in essence, I would not have 2 profiles. I don't mean to be confusing but my profile needs a makeover, including the username. I am starting a side business and would like my new username to be the business name so that all my posts/pics will be associated with that name through search engines. I have sent emails to the forum administrator via the website and haven't heard anything back.
Our policy is to ban anyone using two different names from the same IP address, unless we know there are two people using that IP address. There are security reasons.

I have explained it all I am going to. Be advised that if you start playing with usernames, you may end up not on the site at all.

Quick Reply: username change request