Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved:

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002 | 02:25 AM
|
Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved:

I know that this is your website and everything, but sheesh if people want to ask stupid questions about personal stuff, maybe you should let them. I personally don't have much to talk about with somebody who ownes a supercrew. so if lightning owners just want to jibber jabber about BS, then I say you should let them.

people get tired of reading the same old "which chip should I get" and "which tires should I get" crap anyway.

just my .02

later,
chris

Old 08-15-2002 | 03:31 AM
I agree.
You couldn't say it any better.

Old 08-15-2002 | 08:04 AM
This sounds like someone who doesn't get out of the Lightning section to much. Believe it or not, there are sections for chips, another for wheels, and another for aftermarket wheels and so on.
Doug cleans it out to keep it streamlined and on topic. So when someone comes in with a 'Help I just blew my plugs' they can do a search and not come up with 'Plug for my John boat'. And besides, when a thread is moved, a marker is left behind so you can still go straight there.
Now for my anti-flame clause. I too am guilty of not getting out enough. However, I don't complain either. I tried it a year or so ago, but found that most of the stuff I was interested in was here, so my shortcut points straight here. And I DON'T complain when my thread about the family dog gets moved.

Sorry, I'll hand the soap box back.

Old 08-15-2002 | 08:26 AM
It was fun while it lasted.
Now.Whos chip should I get ?And Which tires should I get?

VINNIE

Old 08-15-2002 | 08:47 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE
It was fun while it lasted.
Now.Whos chip should I get ?And Which tires should I get?

VINNIE

AHHHHHAAAA but the real question my grasshopper is WHO'S CHIP IS BETTER!"

Old 08-15-2002 | 09:39 AM
Re: Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved:

Originally posted by superfords
I know that this is your website and everything, but sheesh if people want to ask stupid questions about personal stuff, maybe you should let them. I personally don't have much to talk about with somebody who ownes a supercrew. so if lightning owners just want to jibber jabber about BS, then I say you should let them.

people get tired of reading the same old "which chip should I get" and "which tires should I get" crap anyway.

just my .02

later,
chris
Chris this subject has been covered MANY times. The amount of moderation that goes on here is very small relative to the amount of inappropriate/off-topic content in the forum. I typically do things in bunches.
When everyone seems to have HUGE signature pictures and more were cropping up everyday I asked nicely to consider shrinking them.

When 1/3 of the posts on the front page were WAY off topic or making fun of the way off topic posts I moved them all.

If I was really out to get you I could move every chip question to the chip forum, every tire question to the tire forum, every stereo question to the stereo forum, every zanio question to the appearance forum etc etc etc...

PS Posts like yours belong in the Questions about the site forum or in an email to me or Steve

Doug

Old 08-15-2002 | 10:10 AM
F150online
Founder
Is anyone else seeing the irony of this being moved?

Old 08-15-2002 | 10:39 AM
He was asking to get moved though "Moved: Moved:Moved: Moved:" the writing was on the wall

Old 08-15-2002 | 10:53 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Smile

I don't care for all this moving.

if people want to ask stupid questions about personal stuff, maybe you should let them. I personally don't have much to talk about with somebody who ownes a Lightning.

We try to keep General Discussions as well as the rest of the site neat and organized.

It gets cluttered up everytime a Lightning owner has a brain fart and the moderators get wind of it.

Old 08-15-2002 | 01:54 PM
|
Originally posted by mocklab
And I DON'T complain when my thread about the family dog gets moved.

you have a problem with my dog???

later,
chris

Old 08-15-2002 | 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Raoul

if people want to ask stupid questions about personal stuff, maybe you should let them. I personally don't have much to talk about with somebody who ownes a Lightning.

We try to keep General Discussions as well as the rest of the site neat and organized.

It gets cluttered up everytime a Lightning owner has a brain fart and the moderators get wind of it.
Raoul - I hope you were kidding...

Old 08-15-2002 | 09:19 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
This part I meant. Steve has designed a nice layout and it is sad that this Moving is necessary.

This part is a cut/paste from the original post. All I did was substitute the word 'Lightning' for 'Supercrew' in an attempt to bring out the obvious 'High School' clique meaning. I imagine there were some who never fit into cliques in school who are trying to make a 30,000 truck into it's own clique. That is not sad, it's funny.

The truth is we were so bad in GD that Steve cut the post counter.

Now you know this part was a joke don't you?
I know that when a Lightning owner has a brain fart you can't actually smell it. I mean, you'd have to have Superhuman powers for something like that.

Hey, I don't complain alot. I just go with the flow.
The Sun will come up, tomorrow, betcha yer bottom dollar....

Here is a complaint though.
I hate topics that have titles like this:
What do you think about these...
Can somebody help me with...
You have to...
Why don't we...

I believe this is an obvious attempt to get all readers to view the thread. I'm not upset with that, I read nearly every thread anyway. What these threads do is SCREW UP Search. It is much faster and cleaner to Search on Titles Only. Why don't people have the common decency to put a BUZZ word in the Title or at least something relating to the subject.

In two months I turn 47 and will become a cantankerous old man.
(Can you tell?)

Old 08-17-2002 | 06:11 PM
so where are we moving too?

Quick Reply: Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved: Moved: