radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radio problems

Anybody having problems with their radio losing power. I went to move my truck today. Radio was stuck on the f150 message on dash. No power to radio. Hit power button no fix. Hit all buttons no fix. An hour later started truck to go home worked fine except clock reset. Station memory did not lose my stations. Some times it would turn off and turn on by its self. I'm using the factory HU with a converter to amps. Its been installed for 3 years. And the problems have started around summer of this year.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm having a similar problem with my truck. Never had any issues until yesterday morning - started my truck and suddenly I have no radio, CD, or SYNC. Everything still lights up and the display is fine: when I put the key in it shows the "F-150 - Built Ford Tough" greeting but instead of cycling through to the media menu and clock, it just stays stuck on the greeting message. I checked the fuses and they're fine, so I disconnected the battery for 20 min to try a hard reset - no dice.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by tbones
Anybody having problems with their radio losing power. I went to move my truck today. Radio was stuck on the f150 message on dash. No power to radio. Hit power button no fix. Hit all buttons no fix. An hour later started truck to go home worked fine except clock reset. Station memory did not lose my stations. Some times it would turn off and turn on by its self. I'm using the factory HU with a converter to amps. Its been installed for 3 years. And the problems have started around summer of this year.
Originally Posted by Parabellum75
I'm having a similar problem with my truck. Never had any issues until yesterday morning - started my truck and suddenly I have no radio, CD, or SYNC. Everything still lights up and the display is fine: when I put the key in it shows the "F-150 - Built Ford Tough" greeting but instead of cycling through to the media menu and clock, it just stays stuck on the greeting message. I checked the fuses and they're fine, so I disconnected the battery for 20 min to try a hard reset - no dice.

Any suggestions?
Hi Parabellum75 & tbones,

I can advise on SYNC-related concerns mainly. By the sounds of both of your symptoms, there's reason to believe there may be some sort of hardware fault at play. In any event where a hard reset does not force a reboot with SYNC, the issue is not likely within the boundaries of a software glitch or process error. Your dealership would need to provide further assistance with issues relating to equipment functionality.

Antonio

Old 06-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Did ya ever figure out what was wrong with your radio?

Old 06-04-2020, 08:35 PM
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your radio?

Old 08-20-2020, 11:19 AM
issue with aftermarket

hi guys. I know this might be off topic but I recently bought a new aftermarket head unit, when I installed it, it works great on accessory position but as soon as I turn the truck on the stereo sbuts down. Its a 04 f150, the unit is a android reakosound rk-a716. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2024, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by tbones
Anybody having problems with their radio losing power. I went to move my truck today. Radio was stuck on the f150 message on dash. No power to radio. Hit power button no fix. Hit all buttons no fix. An hour later started truck to go home worked fine except clock reset. Station memory did not lose my stations. Some times it would turn off and turn on by its self. I'm using the factory HU with a converter to amps. It’d been installed for 3 years. And the problems have started around summer of this year.
Ever find any fix to this? Just installed an amp and 2 10 inch subs and can’t even see if any of its working because all the screen displays is “Built Ford Tough”. I’ve tried connecting the negative and positive terminal together to reset it but no luck.

Quick Reply: radio problems