SVT Raptor F-150

Shelby F-150 vs Shelby Baja Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 08:42 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Shelby F-150 vs Shelby Baja Raptor

Now, you might know which one will come out on top before you watch the video, but as the post says, the comparison is interesting...

Old 10-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Watched one of the car shows from across the "big muddy" where they raced pickups. All were 4x4. The race included a Ranger Raptor, a full size Raptor, a Volkswagen, Mercedes, and a couple of other ones. The Raptor was sporting HP number well over any of the the others and appeared to be the favorite to win. The Ranger is apparently the property of Hammond as it looked to be the same Ranger Raptor diesel you posted about a week or so ago. The winner.....wasn't the Raptor....wasn't the Ranger, which finished dead last by a HUGE margin. It was the Mercedes as I recall with the Volkswagen right with it. The full size Raptor was a huge disappointment and might as well not have been in the race- it was shamed pretty bad. So does it matter who wins? Not to me. I have a toy truck and a couple of toy cars so if I need to go fast, I already own one. If I need to go places I wouldn't or can't walk, I have the Bronco. So a big HP 4x4 to me is another drugstore cowboy ploy. I'm not impressed. But then I'm not impressed with a Raptor at all. It's a bloated pig that's far too big and FAR, FAR too heavy to be of any practical use.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:21 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Raptor is absolutely huge, when I see them on the road in the city. They look so unwieldy.

Quick Reply: Shelby F-150 vs Shelby Baja Raptor