2004 - 2008 F-150

Adding front turn signals to side mirrors 2005 fx4 f150

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 06:50 AM
Che
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adding front turn signals to side mirrors 2005 fx4 f150

G'day guys.

I have found a huge amount of helpful information via F150 online.

We don't have much DIY stuff available in Australia for F150's as they have not been made here.

So, I am posting this as it may help someone wanting to do what I did.

1. Change the Stock Mirror bottom Turn Signal (rear facing) Turn Signals for Sequential LED to match Headlights (from Ebay - numerous products available).

Many articles around on this (push Mirror Glass down - undo Torx Screws - pry off the rear section of Mirror - pop out the Stock Turn Signal and replace with the new LED one.

2. Buy the 09-14 Sequential LED Mirror Front Turn Signal (from Ebay - numerous products available).

Can also buy the Mirror bottom Turn Signal and Front Turn Signal together.

3. Remove Mirror rear section again if you have not bought the Mirror bottom and Front Turn Signals together.

4. Cut connecting Tabs off the end of Front Turn Signal and sand flush.

5. Align the curved end of the Turn Signal on the Mirror back as accurately as possible and mark the non-curved end point of the Turn Signal on the Mirror back.

6. Measure location of Wiring on back of Turn Signal.

7. Use measurements of Wiring to mark location for hole to be drilled through Mirror rear section.

8. Drill hole in Mirror rear section (large enough for Wiring and Connector on end to feed through).

9. Feed through Wiring and check all looks like best fit (and check there is enough length in the Wiring to connect to Mirror bottom Turn Signal outside Pins.

10. Apply 3M double sided tape or glue to Turn signal and fasten to Mirror rear section.

Press firmly as curvature of Turn Signal is not identical to the 04-08 Mirror rear section (basically bonding as close as possible).

11. Mount Mirror Section loosely back on the Mirror body.

12. Push connector for Front Turn Signal onto outside Pins at the back of the new Mirror bottom Turn Signal.

13. Push connector for Mirror bottom Turn Signal on the centre Pins at the back of the new Mirror bottom Turn Signal.

14. Push Hazard Lights button to ensure all is operating correctly.

15. Re-fit Torx Screws / Mirror Glass / Heating Connector (if equipped) etc. / Mirror rear section.

Now, as I mentioned it's not a perfect fit to the curvature of the 04-08 Mirror.

There are some gaps, which I may silicone later.

Worked out reasonably well for forty something bucks as opposed to buying 09-14 Mirrors or other aftermarket Mirrors at $500 plus in Australia.

Some Photos attached.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-24-2024, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting project!
Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-24-2024, 11:13 PM
Che
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No worries, glad you like it.
I have found so much help in the Forums.
So it's good to be able to post something that may help someone.

Old 06-25-2024, 11:05 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Thanks for posting. This forum has been slow.

Quick Reply: Adding front turn signals to side mirrors 2005 fx4 f150