Tire comments and recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire comments and recommendation?

Hi Guys,

I have a 2021 XLT 4x4 Supercrew with 22,xxx miles and the OEM tires, Michelin Primacy XC 275/65R18. By eye I'm going to be needing another set of tires at about 25K. My previous truck, a 2004 F150 also a 4x4 Supercrew, ran Goodyear Wranglers I believe they were and I got around 40K or a little more on them. I was surprised to only be getting about 25K on the Michelins. I'm considering going back to Goodyears. What's your opinion? Looking for good wear, good ride and some snow.

Thanks,
Pete

Old 06-26-2024, 01:09 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
I've never had good luck with Michelin tires on my trucks. I've never gotten over 30K on any of the three sets I've used.
I'm currently running some Cooper Discoverer H/T plus tires. i"ve got about 32 K on them now and they will be needing replacement by summer.

I've got some Fallen Wildpeaks on two SUVs and they seem to be doing fine. I think I'll try those on the F-150 next.

Old 06-26-2024, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
I've never had good luck with Michelin tires on my trucks. I've never gotten over 30K on any of the three sets I've used.
I'm currently running some Cooper Discoverer H/T plus tires. i"ve got about 32 K on them now and they will be needing replacement by summer.

I've got some Fallen Wildpeaks on two SUVs and they seem to be doing fine. I think I'll try those on the F-150 next.
Thanks serotta. Don't think I've run Michelins on any truck I've owned but have had them on Porsches and they usually seem to have outlasted Pirellis. I just got a price at my dealer yesterday for Wranglers and Continental Terrain Contact. He likes the Continentals and they've got high ratings in about every category on Tire Rack. I may go with them when I get ready. I've run BFG all-terrains on 2 or 3 Toyota Land Cruisers and like that tire a lot off-road but it's a little too aggressive a tread for my daily driver F150.
Thanks,
Pete

Quick Reply: Tire comments and recommendation?