97 F150 Lariat super cab. Rap module issues/connector wire pinout needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 F150 Lariat super cab. Rap module issues/connector wire pinout needed.

The plug/connector
Ok. So I'm having a bit of a issue with trying to find a picture of the plugs for the rap module for my truck. Build date 03/96. I pulled the rap module today and noticed the main power wire was depinned from the connector. I'm trying to obviously find out where the hell to stick it back in at. Anybody got a picture with the same year truck of where on the module plug it goes? Pulled the board and the the board date is from 93? Dont make a whole lotta sense to have a 1993 board in a 97 truck🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️. When i bought the truck some yrs ago it come with the key fob and it's never worked kinda drives me insane to have the option for that and cant use it. I think the shop I took it to depinned it cuz they said it was fried. So I'm trying to figure out exactly what part of it is and hopefully repair it. But that's kinda hard to do when i can't even find where the **** the main power wire plugs into. I obviously know it's somewhere on the one connector but exactly where is another story.

The module

Board connection

The guts. Notice at the top right it says 93 ford M. Etc. Anyone have any idea on how to test the circuits with a multi meter and or rebuild these things? I'm catching hell trying to find a exact replacement for this one so it seems I'm left with the only option is to rebuild/repair the "fried" parts. But honestly wanted to test the board myself and see if it actually is bad or not.

Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM
Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
The same (or very similar) RAP module was used across multiple vehicle lines throughout the 90s'. Basically, any Ford with a remote keyless entry system used a RAP module.Your best bet is a boneyard or ebay if you need a replacement.

Here are the wiring connector pin-outs. You can identify which is which by comparing the pin count for each connector to the diagrams.

The following users liked this post:
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
The same (or very similar) RAP module was used across multiple vehicle lines throughout the 90s'. Basically, any Ford with a remote keyless entry system used a RAP module.Your best bet is a boneyard or ebay if you need a replacement.

Here are the wiring connector pin-outs. You can identify which is which by comparing the pin count for each connector to the diagrams.

THANK YOU SOOO ****ING MUCH!!!! I have been driving myself further insane trying to find just this!. Holy ****! You don't know how much I appreciate this!!!!

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89

I just ordered the ford repair manuals for this truck. I'm not gonna be stuck out wondering again. THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THIS!!!

Quick Reply: 97 F150 Lariat super cab. Rap module issues/connector wire pinout needed.