2004 - 2008 F-150

06 ford f150 4.6l e85 conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 ford f150 4.6l e85 conversion kit

So for the past couple months I thought my 06 Ford F 150 4.6L Was a flex fuel because when I bought It, it

has a yellow gas cab . Turns out it's not a flex fuel . So I was running it for about three months in my truck. My check engine light came on, said your system to lean. Put regular gas in it and light went off. My question is has anyone Ever put in a conversion kit for e 85 ? Eflex.com Makes a badass one for cheap. Gas prices are very expensive. $50. Don't give me a 1/2 a tank anymore. 20 bucks on E85, lasting me all week and it ran fine.Not b.s it ran the same the same. I'm not kidding the f in same mpg was way better too. So, my question is, Has anyone done it.? Did I ******* my engine up? Because it sure runs good to me.. Also, would I need to change

This one is 1000 bucks that comes with a tune The other one 700 bucks without the tune

Last edited by Frankdude100; 07-02-2024 at 12:43 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
You will need the tune, or a custom tune. E85 has a higher octane rating. Your truck's computer will not be able to operate the engine correctly - which is what is happening now.

I'm no expert on E85. But the fleet vehicles at work are flex fuel. I can tell you that the mileage goes down. But that is balanced out by the much lower cost per gallon. The truck exhaust will be a lot cleaner. When I bring them in for emissions, the test shows that the emissions measured are extremely low. So low, that a smog tech thought that I did something to cheat the computer.

With the cost difference and decreased mileage, the cost per mile almost balances out. You're really not going to "save" much. You will have to do the math. The accounting people at work figured it out that we buy more fuel with E85, and it's almost a break even, depending on the market price.

Quick Reply: 06 ford f150 4.6l e85 conversion kit