FM radio issue. 2010 Platinum with Sony dlx sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FM radio issue. 2010 Platinum with Sony dlx sound

2010 Platinum screw with Sony deluxe sound, Sync, navigation, SAT radio & powered sub,

Recent road trip to STL and tried to tune in KSHE 95 (album oriented rock of my youth) as I got on the edge of town but it sounded like crap. Sounded like the tuner was off freq. Checked several other stations and they sounded the same. Finally gave up and went back to my usb drive.

Got back to Kansas City and same issue. FM stations are in 2 banks and one bank would be clear and the other bank would be normal. I could program the same station into the preset in Bank 1 and Bank 2 and it was very noticeable when switching between the two, Order a replacement unit from a refurb supplier and it arrived last Wednesday. Get it installed Saturday--not too bad to install, actually. End up with the same result, though. FM Bank1 channels sound fine and FM Bank 2 sounds distorted like the tuner is off frequency slightly.

Has me stumped as there shouldn't be any audio or RF running through the LCD screen--it should just be switching channels in the radio itself. AM, CD, music library, usb and Sat Radio all sound fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Gary

Quick Reply: FM radio issue. 2010 Platinum with Sony dlx sound