Hub Actuator - failure cause question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2024, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hub Actuator - failure cause question

Hello all!

2015 F150 4x4 XLT 178,000 miles

I believe I have a hub actuator failure. Getting the growling noise that goes away when put in 4H. Replaced check valve and solenoid. Haven't replaced any hoses yet. But the timing of the issue is suspicious. I just had new brake pads installed all the way around, and new CV axles because the guy who did the work found some play in the left CV axle. The growling noise started the day after he did the work. Also had some grinding and some clunking from the front end as well. This was about a week ago.

I went to Ford for an oil change today and told them about all the clunking noise (didn't mention the growling yet since I have new hub actuators already ordered, I got them for free as an Amazon reviewer, so why not throw the parts at the problem in this case). Sure enough, they found a bolt not tightened on the left axle. And the wheel sensor was installed backwards on the right.

My question for now is: Would the bolt not being tightened on the left axle or the wheel sensor installed wrong cause damage to the hub actuator causing it's failure?

Thanks,
Jen

Last edited by DiscoJen; 09-16-2024 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Thanks added

Quick Reply: Hub Actuator - failure cause question