West AZ, CA, HI, NV

Jim Green

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:47 PM
|
Jim Green

Like every immigrant, I work multiple jobs.

I'm a dishwasher at Panda Express. Hot water. Steam. Sludge. Cleaning agents. Utensils, cutlery, broken dishes, food scraps. The steel toes are important. The gusseted tongue is important.

I also work in the back of a Chinese laundry. Dry cleaning chemicals. Bleach. Hot water. Steam. Gear oil. Chemicals. I'm doing all of the manual labor, including cleaning out lint traps and maintenance service on the machine.

No way to know how many miles I walk a day. I do walk for several blocks to take public transit, and transfer to connecting lines. Sometimes I run to catch the bus. Sometimes I run from those wishing to do me harm. I trudge through the ghetto of broken glass, hypodermic needles, used condoms, bullet shell casings, and other flotsam and jetsam common to streets of the inner city. Rain, shine, sleet, snow....... dark of night.

The steel toe Razorback were ordered last year on Black Friday. Almost a year old now. These boots do take awhile to break in. Almost a year old, and they are showing the wear and tear of my daily routine.

I brushed those off. Now they are ready for the cold weather months ahead.

After 6 months, I liked the Razorback so much, that I ordered the Numzaan model in July.

After almost a year of abuse, I decided to get a second pair of Razorback. I ordered them last week. Without the steel toe. I'm living life on the edge.

Last edited by Fifty150; Yesterday at 10:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Jim Green