South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Feeler..Cali's got there meet..How bout us Texans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill bring my boat tooo 21 ft dargel w/135

Old 06-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I'll bring my boat along too, 19' Bay Quest w/ 150.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
umm im a maybe. depends on where im at. Im moving to waco around that time frame, if im settled in, i can swing by and say hello. But who knows, i may have sold my truck b4 then anyways.....

-Patrick

Old 06-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what are you gonna be doin in waco?

Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey finally this is sounding great. I will also make it out. I went camping at Emma Long a few weeks ago and it is really a great place. BRING your boats, great water skiing area down the river. ALSO, if you are into mountain biking, the best trail is Austin is located in the park. But be aware, it is also the hardest and is not for the amateurs. Plenty of drops up to 36" or so. It is only 10-15 minutes west of UT, and is a cool drive out 2222 to get there.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:24 PM
i still think we should go to place where we can off-road kinda like pismo..

Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Here's the thing about Texas... we don't have any type of Pismo, not that is accessible to the majority of the state. There are always the beaches (boring and too far for the North guys) to 4wd in and a scattering of OHV parks. The only one that I can think of that would even accomodate our mostly stock/slightly modified trucks would be Shiloh Ridge. But even then, we really don't have the off-road ability to handle much there, and the mud is red and stains like a biotch. So, unless you wanted to make a side trip to a place like Devil's Den, an all around camping/lake atmosphere is better suited to this group of people. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by texxx150
Hey finally this is sounding great. I will also make it out. I went camping at Emma Long a few weeks ago and it is really a great place. BRING your boats, great water skiing area down the river. ALSO, if you are into mountain biking, the best trail is Austin is located in the park. But be aware, it is also the hardest and is not for the amateurs. Plenty of drops up to 36" or so. It is only 10-15 minutes west of UT, and is a cool drive out 2222 to get there.
Cool, I would not mind bringing my Mt bike if anyone else would be down?? Its been a while since I have been on my Mt bike, been doing road biking most latlely.How bout road biking? any good road trails in the park?

Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
I am moving to waco in a month. Biking would be badass. Ive been needed to get "back into shape" which really means getting into better shape

Im not fat just lazy. lol

But yea we will see if i can get away from waco for the weekend.

Any idea what cost is for camping there for just a basic site? Ill break out the old tent or just sleep in my bed if its nice out.

Thanks,
-Patrick

Old 06-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Open Daily: 7am - 10pm
(512) 346-1831
$5.00 per vehicle - Monday through Thursday
$8.00 per vehicle - Friday through Sunday and Holidays
$6.00 camping without utilities
$15.00 camping with utilities
$3.00 firewood
$2.00 ice, 8lb. bag

Emma Long Metropolitan Park is located 6.2 miles off FM 2222 on City Park Road. The park is on the shores of Lake Austin, and consists of a total of 1150 acres, 70 of which are developed.

Features include: 2 boat ramps, 2 sand volleyball courts, and 3 sets of volleyball standards. Emma Long Park has a designated swimming area in Lake Austin and has a large sandy beach. Men's and women's rest rooms, hot showers and dressing areas are also available. 20 camping sites are available with water and electricity hookups as well as 46 tent camping sites in which water is available at every 3rd site.

General Information
To ensure that everyone visiting our park has a safe and enjoyable stay, and to protect the sensitive park environment the following rules and regulations have been established.
Park boundaries begin by Pearce Road and include an archery range, motorcycle, mountain bike area (1 mile down Oak Shores Drive off City Park Road), a Nature Trail and all roadside areas along City Park Road to the lake. Due to safety concerns no hiking is permitted in the motorcycle area or the archery range.
Entry permits and/or overnight permits are required. Park entry fees are charged per vehicle. Permits are not transferable and must be displayed on the right side of windshield for verification by park staff. Daily collection is from 7a.m. until 10p.m. during the peak season (Memorial day through Labor day and holidays). During Fall and Spring, booth hours will vary due to the weather. An honor box is located in the park to deposit fees when entry booth is closed.
The two large picnic areas (max. capacity 300) and the Turkey Creek Shelter (capacity 100) are available for reservation (974-6797). All other areas are available on a first come , first served basis.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Park Policies
By City of Austin Health Ordinance, no sink water, bath water, or toilet water is to be disposed of in any place other than the sanitation dumping station south of the main bathhouse.
Pets must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed in the designated swimming area.
Use only charcoal in the park grills. Ground fires are not permitted. Gathering of firewood is prohibited. To help keep our park clean trash bags are available from park staff.
Two vehicle limit and 8 people, per camping permit are permitted. No weapons are allowed on the park grounds. Poachers will be prosecuted.
Driving or parking on grass is not permitted except in designated areas. Grass permits for non-designated parking areas are available through Reservations. (974-6797)
Speed limits and City of Austin Ordinances are strictly enforced.
Park in designated areas only. Parking and driving are not allowed on shoreline.
Sound Permits are available and must be obtained for all amplified sound.
Hike deer trails at ones own risk.
Day users are not permitted to use the facilities in the camping areas.
Visitors having boats and not staying overnight are restricted to the day use area of the park. Campers with boats may moor boats off shore at the corresponding camping area. Visitors arriving by boat may use day area facilities. Boat ramps and a boat dumping station are available.
A sanitation dump station is available for trailers and motor homes.
Use of jet skis, wet bikes, or similar devices on Lake Austin is prohibited during the holiday weekends of Memorial Day, Labor Day, and July 4. The holiday weekend ban runs from 5 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Tuesday. The law prohibits these activities for safety reasons due to the heavy traffic of large watercraft combined with the difficulty of seeing downed skiers.
Swimming and water play are encouraged at the designated swimming area. Boats are not allowed in the swimming area nor immediately alongside the swimming docks. By City Ordinance, no swimming past 50' from shoreline.
Overnight Users
An overnight permit must be purchased before 9 p.m. for camping or overnight guests. Overnight open or utility camping permits expire at 12 noon.

Boats may be moored off the shoreline for your convenience, but the trailer must be stored either on the asphalt pad or at the boat ramp parking area.

Overnight camping is available for a maximum of 14 days in any 30 day period.

Open Camping
Choice sites have a picnic table, shade tree, grill, and trash receptacles. Water spikets are available at every third site. Pitch tent in designated space.

History
In 1933, the National Park Service prepared the initial plan for this prk for the City of Austin. the park was established in 1939 with the help of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). On August 11, 1939, 50 CCC enlistees moved to Lake Austin area and began clearing a site to house 200 enlistees. The necessary wooden barracks were constructed and a well dug. Following the settlement of the permanent camp, the 200 CCC enlistees developed permanent improvements to the site such as a bathhouse and concession stand. These wooden structures later burned and were replaced b the stone buildings which stand today.

Emma Long Metropolitan Park is a 1,142 acre oak, ash and juniper woodland in the hill country. Nestled on Lake Austin, the park has approximately a mile of lake front. The lake itself serves as a flood control and hydropower reservoir of the lower Colorado River. Visitors to the park my enjoy water activities such as boating and skiing or swimming and relaxing on the large, sandy beach, 350 feet in length. Camping and a motocross track set Emma Long apart from the other City of Austin parks as the sole provider of these activities.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Ok all you Dallas people, we need to get a caravan going down there!!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Talking

and a caravan from houston and surrounding would be cool as well. im in tomball. who else is near. we are going to be going up friday night.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Huitt24
so far for July 29th and 30th at Emma Long Park, Austin TX. we have the following people

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/emmalong.htm

Tuff4rd -yes
texxx150 -yes
etrevino103186 -yes
Stealth
new screw owner -yes
Budha05STX -yes
ONE04FX4 -yes
2005blackFX4
N2 TRBL
Charlie101
Quackaddict -yes
pat williamson -yes penciled in
Fabian06SC -yes
Patman03SprCrw -yes
Huitt24 -yes
RoushTruck -yes
dantheman1 -possible
-TXF150- -possible
quicksilvertex -yes(also corpus mudd dogz)

19 people so far spread the word. people with a yes are good for the date. I will send an email out with more info soon.
Is there an updated list and/or has an email been sent? (hope it didn't go straight to bulk/junk mail)

Might I suggest adding each member's city for caravan possibilities, as the Houston and Dallas folks are interested in caravaning.

Also, how are the reservations going to be handled? As a group or individualy?

Old 06-07-2006, 01:39 AM
i think i am gonna jump in on the dallas caravan

Quick Reply: Feeler..Cali's got there meet..How bout us Texans?