South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Feeler..Cali's got there meet..How bout us Texans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Budha05STX
Is there an updated list and/or has an email been sent? (hope it didn't go straight to bulk/junk mail)

Might I suggest adding each member's city for caravan possibilities, as the Houston and Dallas folks are interested in caravaning.

Also, how are the reservations going to be handled? As a group or individualy?
What he said.....Im in the McAllen RGV area, anyone from this area or CC wanna caravan or maybe meet up with the guys in SA to roll in as a group?..Would like to wash my truck in SA or Ausin since im sure it will be nailed with bugs before hitting the park
P.S are we going to BBQ? what should we bring? Maybe we should start working on a list for that..
Also anyone who is going can you please reconfirm by posting a yes on this thread..
Thanks

Old 06-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Is there an updated list and/or has an email been sent? (hope it didn't go straight to bulk/junk mail)

Might I suggest adding each member's city for caravan possibilities, as the Houston and Dallas folks are interested in caravaning.

Also, how are the reservations going to be handled? As a group or individualy?

no I havent sent a email yet we got a little busy. We stopped by the park saturday to give it a once over and to test the boat ramp.

I am trying to up date the list every couple of days, just not reposting the list.

I will work on adding members locations next to there name when I get a little time. For those members that dont have a location listed please chime in with your location.

reservations will probably be individually for camping, I can try to look into a hotel for a discount but will need to know how many before I approach them.

Originally Posted by Tuff4rd
What he said.....Im in the McAllen RGV area, anyone from this area or CC wanna caravan or maybe meet up with the guys in SA to roll in as a group?..Would like to wash my truck in SA or Ausin since im sure it will be nailed with bugs before hitting the park
P.S are we going to BBQ? what should we bring? Maybe we should start working on a list for that..
Also anyone who is going can you please reconfirm by posting a yes on this thread..
Thanks
If I know what direction yall are coming from I can try to locate car washes for yall.

I think we should BBQ. If someone else would like to get that list together it would be very helpfull. We could break it down as bring your own food with enough to share(to try different peoples BBQ) or to a list of these people bring the meat, these bring plates,silver ware, paper towels, these bring drinks and eveybody brings there own spirits. just some sugestions.

Jack & Deborah

Last edited by Huitt24; 06-07-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:23 PM
so far for July 29th and 30th at Emma Long Park, Austin TX. we have the following people

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/emmalong.htm

Stealth- -Burleson
-TXF150- -possible - Plano
new screw owner -YES- Dallas area
Patman03SprCrw -no- Waco

texxx150 -YES-Austin
2005blackFX4- - Austin
dantheman1 -possible- Austin
Huitt24 -YES-Taylor
RoushTruck -YES-Taylor

etrevino103186 -YES- San Antonio
Budha05STX -YES- San Antonio
Charlie101 - - San Antonio
JonF150- YES- San Antonio
Tuff4rd -YES-McAllen
quicksilvertex -no-Corpus Christi

N2 TRBL - - Houston
Fabian06SC -YES- Houston area
ONE04FX4 -YES-tomball
pat williamson -YES penciled in -College Station

Quackaddict -YES - Texas kinda?

20 people so far spread the word. people with a yes are good for the date. I will send an email out with more info soon.

Last edited by Huitt24; 06-28-2006 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Im gonna need a hotel!!!!!! (Wife and kids are coming)

Old 06-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
LOL im still a MAYBE I really want to go tho, sounds like its gonna be alot of fun. We gotta get a nice photo shoot going too.
-Patrick

Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Huitt24
no I havent sent a email yet we got a little busy. We stopped by the park saturday to give it a once over and to test the boat ramp.

I am trying to up date the list every couple of days, just not reposting the list.

I will work on adding members locations next to there name when I get a little time. For those members that dont have a location listed please chime in with your location.

reservations will probably be individually for camping, I can try to look into a hotel for a discount but will need to know how many before I approach them.
Cool, I was just checking to see if I missed it. BTW, how's the boat ramp and the lake levels?

If I know what direction yall are coming from I can try to locate car washes for yall.

I think we should BBQ. If someone else would like to get that list together it would be very helpfull. We could break it down as bring your own food with enough to share(to try different peoples BBQ) or to a list of these people bring the meat, these bring plates,silver ware, paper towels, these bring drinks and eveybody brings there own spirits. just some sugestions.

Jack & Deborah
A big bbq sounds awesome. Someone should start up a list.
As of right now I'm probably only going to be able to go Saturday (leave Sat am and head back on Sat pm.) but that may change as we get closer to the date.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 AM
BTW, how's the boat ramp and the lake levels?
Lake Austin is a constant level lake that is fed from lake travis, The water temp is a bit chilly at times due to the water coming from the bottom of lake travis.

There are two boat ramps that are one boat wide concrete, one of the ramps has gravel before the concrete but not to bad. I have a 25' pontoon boat so if I can back that thing in there anybody can back a boat in. The only draw back to Lake Austin is that it is a narrow lake so if a lot of boats go by as you are docking the boat it can get a little hectic other than that it is pretty cool.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:25 AM
Lake Austin is a constant level lake that is fed from lake travis, The water temp is a bit chilly at times due to the water coming from the bottom of lake travis.

There are two boat ramps that are one boat wide concrete, one of the ramps has gravel before the concrete but not to bad. I have a 25' pontoon boat so if I can back that thing in there anybody can back a boat in. The only draw back to Lake Austin is that it is a narrow lake so if a lot of boats go by as you are docking the boat it can get a little hectic other than that it is pretty cool.
Are these the two ramps?

Is this the beach/swimming area?

Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Are these the two ramps?

yes the one with the round circle is the one that I used with the gravel road approach, the other one was full of people on a jet ski so I didnt get to try it.

Is this the beach/swimming area?
yes that is the designated swim area. If you camp there you can pull your boat up to the shore and swim by your camp site.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool. By looking at the google earth images, this park looks like a wide open place.

7 more weeks.

Old 06-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Are there any trails there, or is this just going to be a meet????

Old 06-16-2006, 04:34 PM
el paso?

caravan from the far west?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:06 PM
bad news fellas got in a wreck and cant make the meet will have to wait till next time unless yall all wanna come down here and cruise from corpus down to port mansfield on the beach itll bea weekend thing leave fri and go down till sunday after the austin meet of course let me know what yall think

Old 06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Possible alternate site for meet

Went to the Emma long Park in Austin and wasnt really impressed. The water is ice cold and not enjoyable to swim in, lake is real rough with too many boaters, park closes at 10PM locked in or locked out(not good for those that want to go into town} and the facilities dont really give us a spot to park our trucks for photo ops.

So I have found another place that has a covered pavilion with BBQ pits to use, its own parking, vollyball court and horshoes available, swim area and boat ramps and a not very crowded lake. It cost 45 dollars to use and includes admission to all parties involved(except over night campers). There is also camping available and the park closes at 10 but they give you the combo to the front gate so that you can come and go as pleased.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...%20Shelter.htm
http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/granger/

there are local hotels close to this location it isnt to far from Austin. So give me an idea if this place would be ok so I can reserve the pavilion. For those with boats this lake is great to fish and water ski in and the lake levels seldom get low. so let me know what yall think.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Went to the Emma long Park in Austin and wasnt really impressed. The water is ice cold and not enjoyable to swim in, lake is real rough with too many boaters, park closes at 10PM locked in or locked out(not good for those that want to go into town} and the facilities dont really give us a spot to park our trucks for photo ops.

So I have found another place that has a covered pavilion with BBQ pits to use, its own parking, vollyball court and horshoes available, swim area and boat ramps and a not very crowded lake. It cost 45 dollars to use and includes admission to all parties involved(except over night campers). There is also camping available and the park closes at 10 but they give you the combo to the front gate so that you can come and go as pleased.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...%20Shelter.htm
http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/granger/

there are local hotels close to this location it isnt to far from Austin. So give me an idea if this place would be ok so I can reserve the pavilion. For those with boats this lake is great to fish and water ski in and the lake levels seldom get low. so let me know what yall think.

Nice find! This area looks alot better!

Quick Reply: Feeler..Cali's got there meet..How bout us Texans?