Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Need Gears and LS Diff installed in Miami, Where???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miaf150
My question is, how many people need gears installed, maybe I can get a group discount.

Let me know.

Im in if it's a good deal. Definately !

Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
if u can get em under 500 i'm in! imma get a quote from this other shop and i'll let u guys know!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok gentlemen. Outlaw Diesel of Miami quoted me $250 for the install as long as I provide everything (Installation Kit, TA Cover, Ring, Pinion, Carrier, Friction Modifier and Rear End Fluid). I will take the truck in next week for the install. Will advise if the quote still holds true once I'm there.

If interested, speak with Felix.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Any news...?

Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Got them done at Outlaw Diesel Miami. You can check out their website outlawdieselmiami.com. They did the install yesterday. Going through the break in period. Will let you know how it turns out. It does feel better to drive the truck with the 33 inch tires on 22" wheels. 4.10s and LS is a good thing to have.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Here is the latest, you get what you pay for. Don't go to outlaw. My gears are humming like 100 bees in a box.

Go to a good reliable shop. Now I have to get a new set and spend the money and time again so that it is done right.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Here is the latest, you get what you pay for. Don't go to outlaw. My gears are humming like 100 bees in a box.

Go to a good reliable shop. Now I have to get a new set and spend the money and time again so that it is done right.

Have you tried talking to the people of Outlaw and having them fix it? Ive always heard they do great work and are good people too. Im sure if there is a problem they will take care of it.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Any resoultion on that issue?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 PM
No sir, I have not called them nor will I call them. I figured if the job was not done right the first time, then what will be different this time around that will make me think they will do it right the second time. I am not going to talk sh** about people when maybe the job they did on my truck is not their specialty. They were recommended by someone, who allegedly had many jobs done on various vehicles he has owned. It is obvious that neither know much about this specific job. What happended to me can be verified by my brother who took me to pick up my truck. As previously stated I purchased everything new. LS Carrier, ring and pinion, master overhaul kit, TA aluminum cover, friction modifier and 3 quarts of mobile 1 synthetic gear oil. Dropped off everything in the morning went to pick up the truck at 3 after I was phoned and told at noon that it was ready for pick up. When I arrived, they told me all was good and my "old" parts were in the back seat. I go to verify and what do I find in a box in my back seat? I see my old cover, ring and pinion, carrier and 1 extra part, my exciter ring. Yes sir the exciter ring, the 1 thing that tells the ABS when to apply the brakes. The owner apologies about 10 times and asked me to give him an hour and a half. So I return at 5 to pick it up. They were not finished as of yet. Had to wait an extra hour before they completed the job a second time. The owner took it for a drive and guaranteed it was all good and not to worry. Oh, before I forget. You know the lock that goes in the hole on the bumper for the spare tire? Well that no longer exists on my truck it was lost during the job.

Now you tell me, after all this would you take your truck back? I learned the first time around. The guys there are good people and I would probably have a beer with them, but as previously stated maybe the job I took my truck in for, was something they don't do that often or its not there specialty. They did have beautiful trucks, fast as hell truck and some sick to the bone projects going on, but these were all diesel trucks which is their specialty from the name on the building. If I had a diesel, I would probably take my truck to them for modification.

I not hating on them, I'm just not taking my truck back to them.

Last edited by miaf150; 08-23-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Wow! I hope the owner had a firm talk with the guy that did the installation that forgot to put in the ring. Hope everything is good with the truck as of now though.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Copperhead,

Here is the good part, it was the owner who did the set up the first time around. When I pointed out the problem, he said he had a bad morning and his head was elsewhere.

As for the truck, yesterday I decided to empty the rear and when to the store and bought 3 quarts of royal purple. When I finished draining it the rear there was about 1 and half quarts in the pan and it was green in color. That was pretty weird considering it only had about 100 to 150 miles since the install. So I filled her up and buttoned her down and have been driving her since. Needless to say, she still hums not as bad but still hums. Now when I have the time, I will have to take it to another shop to either have the gears replaced or re-installed and re-shimmed. I might just go to Steeda, my brother tells me they did an excellent job on his Lightning.

So anybody going to West Palm this weekend?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Copperhead,

Here is the good part, it was the owner who did the set up the first time around. When I pointed out the problem, he said he had a bad morning and his head was elsewhere.

As for the truck, yesterday I decided to empty the rear and when to the store and bought 3 quarts of royal purple. When I finished draining it the rear there was about 1 and half quarts in the pan and it was green in color. That was pretty weird considering it only had about 100 to 150 miles since the install. So I filled her up and buttoned her down and have been driving her since. Needless to say, she still hums not as bad but still hums. Now when I have the time, I will have to take it to another shop to either have the gears replaced or re-installed and re-shimmed. I might just go to Steeda, my brother tells me they did an excellent job on his Lightning.

So anybody going to West Palm this weekend?

Damn what a headache!

Old 08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Sorry for your bad luck with the gears. But I must ask. Does the 4.11 feal good at highway speeds? I was thinking to go to 3.73 from 3.55.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
The gears feel great. I used to have stock tires which had a height of 30 inches. I switched to 305/45/22 which are 32.8 inches tall, which when you do the math it is like driving with 3.73 gears. It feels alot better out of the hole, you are up on speed so much quicker. I have nothing but good things to say about the 4.10s. At the moment at 70 MPH it cruises around 2000 RPMs which is not bad. My gas mileage has not changed much since you don't have to hit the gas as much or as hard to get it up to the speed you want.

I would definitely do the gear swap, especially for our trucks (4.6L) you know they are slow so any little bit helps tremendously.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Man you need to take your truck back to those idiots and have them do the job right. This is why I will never recommend Outlaw Diesel or GAW to anyone. They are all about the money and not about the consumer. I have done business with a shop called High Power in Hialeah. They are decent. I had my old trucks grears done somewhere down south off of Quail Roost and US-1. It was a mustang shop but they did a decent job.

Quick Reply: Need Gears and LS Diff installed in Miami, Where???