My Truck is in a Magazine!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nope, 4x2.

Old 02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Cool.... ...is that you in the pics? Print was too small to read.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Thats awsome!!

Old 02-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I know about the print, but the file size is rediculous if I didn't shrink it down a bit. Nope that was a Doug in the pictures. He is a Technician at JBA. He was totally stoked about the article though. I think he bought like 12 issues! I can email anyone the pictures page by page if they want to check it out....Just email me!

Old 02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

That's awesome! How did you manage to get in the magazine? Just lucky, or do you know some people who know some people...

Old 02-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I read a thread Devilsun started that talked about JBA needing a truck to do R&D for Headers. So I emailed them and told them I was 10 minutes away. The R&D manager, Jon Towers, emailed me back and asked me to bring my truck down and leave it with them for a few days. So when I dropped of the truck I talked to Jon and asked him about other products they offered and what I could do to get a break on the price. He gave me all the info, I slept on it and made my decision. I emailed Jon every couple of weeks or so and told him that I wanted to pay for ceramic coating on the headers and a SIDO exhaust. I kept pressing getting a break on installing the headers too, and he came back with a number form the guys at the speed shop.

A couple months later, when the headers were available, Jon called me and told me that the marketing manager, Mark Matthews, got wind that I wanted to get the full line of products and have them installed at the speed shop. BTW, Mark was the guy who put the request for the Header R&D on their homepage. Anyhow, he new the editor of this magazine and set it all up. It is all about being in the right place at the right time. JBA wanted exposure for their new products and to show their performance on a large scale. The magazine wanted a good article. I wanted a good deal on supercool MOD's. Everybody won!!!! Anyhow, I've read the whole magazine and it's actually pretty good. They have highlights from the SEMA show and three other "tech" articles like mine. Airbags suspension and drum to rotor exchange, adding an intake, throttle body, and power pulley to a 4 banger S10, and custom headliners. It's a fun read---but making my wallet thinner....

Old 02-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned
Awesome did you get paid anything?

Old 02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Congratulations - Nice looking truck

Old 02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey thanks! I need some bigger tires though!

Old 02-21-2006, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry if I did not take notice, but who installed the headers for you and how much did they charge.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Josiah,
I had them installed as a 'package' deal. ---Meaning I didn't pay-- I'll ask the guys at the shop how much they usually charge and get back to you. I can tell you to retorque is about $49.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does JBA's exhaust sound? Is it loud? What about performance? I'm looking forward to your response.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:02 AM
josiah, i have the jba ceramic coated headers on my 04 and to be honest, its not worth the trouble unless you are gonna supercharge your truck. You have to raise the engine an inch to fit the headers on the passenger side and in the actual directions it mentions, twist, scrape knuckles...cuss, etc. All of this for a minimal hp gain and a little noise. I had my e-fans, headers, and underdrive pulleys installed all at once so i cant really say what gain it had individually. I have quite a few mods and once i get my gears installed thats gonna be it. I still cant beat a stock titan(though im happy with my truck and its speed for a 6000 pound truck with heavy tires and rims). Invest your money in another mod(maybe gears if you dont have them done already). It cost me 500 dollars for labor on the three above mods, on top of the cost for them. The headers took around 3.5-4 hours to install.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 PM
A couple of things....
I've had headers before and can honestly say I cannot see myself with another vehicle without them. It's just part of the exhaust system to me. Some people put on an exhaust pipe as soon as they get a truck, mine deal is I do both.

The sound is good, the pedal response is better, the fuel usage is also better. This type of MOD is not going to make your truck a corvette--nothing will. I am happy with what I got--if I really had a problem spending the money to get installed, I'd just do it myself. Bluehouse is right about about jacking up the engine for the passenger side. That is where it is tight. But the drivers side is pretty spacious---well as engine compartments go. Listen to my clips if you want to hear the sound with the headers and exhaust. They're in video form from my digital camera. PM with any other questions.

Click here to watch Uphill-behind-a-dee-dee-dee-old-lady (profanity warning)
Click here to watch throttle-play
Click here to watch 0-60-Mph-JBA-headers-and-Catback]Click here to watch 0-60-Mph-JBA-headers-and-Catback

Quick Reply: My Truck is in a Magazine!!!!