S/C Warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002 | 12:27 PM
|
S/C Warranty issues

I was in Florida on vacation and I spun a main bearing in my Magnacharged Expy. The dealer is refusing to honor the warranty, claiming the blower caused the lower engine damage. Anybody got a good argument, or know a good lawyer who deals with warranty issues? I bought an extended warranty, and it will be covered under that. TIA!!

Old 12-31-2002 | 01:09 PM
Read your extended warrenty carefully. I bought one when I purchased my truck, then later installed a S/C. I was reading the warrenty later and it stated that a S/C would void the warrenty. Wrote the company a letter and they finally gave me a credit for $1250.00.

Old 12-31-2002 | 01:32 PM
Unhappy

I feel for you, man!

In my experience no one is harder to deal with than an extended warranty company. I'm sure they'll give you grief over a blower.

I had a T-5 tranny blow up on a completely stock Mustang GT and they delayed the repair for 3 days until their rep came to look at it and then they were very strict about what they would pay for. Some parts that the mechanic wanted to change out (since it was all apart) they wouldn't touch, so I had to pay to get the work done right.

I think extended warranties are a waste of money for that reason.

Ultimately, if you modify your truck, you take over the warranty. Ford has deeper pockets than any consumer and if they say no warranty you are pretty much SOL.

On the bright side, you can get a new long block built up for a couple thousand.

Ian

Quick Reply: S/C Warranty issues