Superccharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003 | 03:33 PM
|
Superccharger

Is the supercharger that is the new Harley truck identical to the lightning charger? Can one purchase one of these from FORD, have them install it, and not void the warranty?

Old 01-05-2003 | 03:37 AM
Officially, I think Ford would say no. However, my SVT dealereship will install ANY blower setup and continue the warranty, unoficially.

BUT, I hope you have deeeeep pockets as this would probably be the most expensive blower install ever. I am going to take a wild a$$ed guess at something in excess of 7 grand.

Old 01-05-2003 | 08:12 AM
Yes,
they are exactly the same with the exception of the pulley and the computer tune. The Lightning pulley is smaller creating 2lbs more of boost. As a matter of fact, the complete drivetrain is the same. From the engine to the transmission. The 40hp on the lightning comes from the smaller pulley and a different tune. Some of the Harley owners have even seen the SVT stamp on some of their components.

You should post this question in the Harley forum. You will get a bigger response there.

I do agree with Mad however that it would cost more money than you want to spend and I doubt most Ford dealerships would do it either.

Later.
- Jay

Last edited by f150intally; 01-05-2003 at 03:55 PM.