MAF's and Superchargers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAF's and Superchargers???

Is it safe to run a aftermarket MAF with a supercharger without having a custom chip? I know that you are not suppose to run a larger MAF on a N/A motor with a Superchip unless it is calibrated for the MAF. I am installing a magna charger on a 97 5.4 f150 and I plan on getting a custom programmed superchip to remove the speed limiter and change shift characteristics. I know that I will have to get A/F ratio numbers after the supercharger install to give to Superchips to do a custom program. My question is, can I run a Granatelli MAF on a supercharged setup before the custom chip or will it cause me to run lean?

Old 02-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never mind guys, I call the Granatelli rep andhe said the MAF would have to be recalibrated for the supercharger. Thanks anyway.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to http://www.got-pressure.com/yabbse/index.php and post this question.

Almost everybody that belongs to the forum has a supercharger, many with serious upgrades.

I would be willing to bet that 10 out of 10 respondents to your question wil say "go with the Ford 90mm MAF" and they will tell you where to get it for a good price.

Not only is it cheaper than any of the aftermarket units, when installed with 42# injectors and appropriatly tuned, it works better.

Quick Reply: MAF's and Superchargers???