whipple

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004 | 06:25 PM
Neal - It isn't that I don't believe you, it's just that I know you are wrong. Art might have told you that it is the same blower that they sell, which it definately is. But someone as Large as Ford will buy direct.

Crash - Ya the page is lacking a bit isn't it. But on a positive note what ever I do it will be MORE. You are right about how you never know who are talking too, also. I think that is one thing that makes it hard to tell who you can trust and who is just resighting information from a friend.

Old 02-28-2004 | 04:49 PM
HI!... Why would ART WHIPPLE himself lie about supplying SC'ers for the FORD GT project
business
money
ego
misinformed
to sound good
to sale you a blower
maybe he is
maybe he want to
maybe has a deal holding
maybe the parent company tells him he will have a peice of it.
ford is lieing to him
ford has shown interest
purchasing agent is playing him
someone trying to get him to do the testing with the promise of business to come.

why would anyone lie on the internet or over the phone. people lie about their time slips and modifications all the time, you tell me why someone would do that. makes no sense to me and the truth never changes but a lie will change a little every time.

Old 02-28-2004 | 06:48 PM
IMHO, cutting them some slack went out the window 3 years ago when the told me for a year that the F150 kit was 6 weeks away. Now, surprise, surprise, it is 6 weeks away again.

All the things that we complain about with KB (lousy service, no intercooler, marketing ahead of engineering) seem to be part of Whipple's business as well.

BTW - Does anyone know if any of their other kits are CARB approved? It was my understanding that they are not.

Ian

Last edited by Ian N; 02-28-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-29-2004 | 10:23 AM
dont get me wrong, when, if , the whipple hits the market, i think it will be the premier kit. with the larger blower, larger injectors and computer programing it will blow everything else away, but i expect it to be pricey. i dont expect it to hit the market any sooner than summer, but i am guessing.

Neal i hope your right, i always expect the worse and hope for the best.

Old 04-30-2004 | 02:55 PM
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=155266

crash , did you know anything about works being gone.

maybe Neal can get the information from his high up source

i guess the whipple for the 2v and 3v hasent come out yet, has it?

Old 05-01-2004 | 01:11 AM
Damn you guys are violent,glad no one knows where I live,I am afraid someone would come to my house and do something in the form of a supercharger hate crime!Seriously,isn't the whipple same as kenne bell?Just curious.What is up with whipple,are they the new dragstrip stomping machine?And at $5000 my god is it the holy grail of superchargers?Not trying to be a smarta** just trying to get better knowledge of these things.Anyway,I think there is going to be another power adder sneak up on everybody and guess what?IT AINT NITROUS OR WHIPPLE!Business is Business,and in 99% of business there are CUTTHROATS.Maybe one or more of you are getting played.Here is an idea,Get the whipples,prochargers,vortechs,powerdynes,lightning s,TURBOS(MY FAVORITE),nitrous,(if I forgot anybody pleaseI cannot think of them all) and go battle it out at the track.You maybe suprised at the outcome!And yes you will get lied to by these major companies no matter how honest or how good the source.The source may not lie but his source might.Guys,no matter how fast you are,you WILL get outrun.And it does not really matter how much money you have although it does help.I own a body shop,and guess what,I get lied to everyday by paint and supply companies.

Old 05-04-2004 | 05:04 PM
Any New News????

I called Whipple today and was told they have the kit all ready to go, but are waiting on recalibration on their computer flash to make things run more efficiently.
Said it could be 3 weeks or 3 months(my guess 3 years).

Just wondering if anyone has any better info?

Also, this system has a boost-a-pump and no injector change needed per whipple. Just curious to know if this will be similiar to the KB bandaids?

How do you guys expect this system to compare to the other brands? Is it worth the price? I was thinking this price would cover what you need, but will we have to buy additional injectors/fuel pumps/etc.?

Old 05-04-2004 | 08:22 PM
first it was carb, now its chip, first it 34 lbs injectors now it is no injectors, why would they lie?

sales-pitched

Old 05-05-2004 | 12:49 AM
"The 5.4 kit? It's about six weeks away" - Dustin Whipple, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 (every six weeks).

"It's deja-vu all over again" - Yogie Berra

Old 05-07-2004 | 05:10 PM
I was just curious to get everyones take on this whipple system. Website says it will have a boost a pump.

I have heard everyone say the boost a pump on the KB is crap. Any thoughts about this one?

Also, could someone that lives near them go over with a cattle-prod and make them work faster? I want it now!!

Quick Reply: whipple