Lightning time

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004 | 11:15 PM
|
Add to the list a 255 lph Bosch fuel pump from mike i don't know if it is high or low??
I researched and almost bought time-sert for my 99 block when i was going to rebuild it but since the new L motor comes with brand spanking new 04 heads there will be no problem.

Old 08-30-2004 | 11:22 PM
|
Another present in the mail:

dynatech Longtubes with cats and midpipes.

Great quality, finish, fit. all in all a 3 hour job. now to wait on chip from apten that shipped out today and heat exchanger brackets that shipped out friday.

Old 08-30-2004 | 11:30 PM
I know the Walbro pumps are classified as either standard or high pressure. You want a high pressure pump for the
"top of the shift" when the rpms are at the highest, to get adequate flow. The main difference is the pump spring tension that allows the high pressure pump to flow more fuel at higher fuel pressure.

I know the Bosch pumps that Mad. sells are the very best quality you can get and exactly what you need. Therefore, by definition, they must be high pressure pumps.

You got 04' heads?!?! Man, your doing this project the way it should be done!

.........now I am suffering from "Mod. Envy"! haha!

Old 09-01-2004 | 11:27 AM
WLF
brahmus,
Did you rob a bank??
I'm looking in the mirror right now and all I see is green-with-envy.
Great project. Wish I was there...

Old 09-01-2004 | 11:53 AM
|
Nope just graduated with a B.S. In mechanical Engineering and still living with the parents!!! I also have a 73 Ford Bronco i restored that i use as my daily driver so I don't have to rush the project! Some of this stuff i started getting in early May, like gauges and the tranny rebuild was my gradutation present. I haven't sat down and totaled the project but then again i don't know if i want to . Some of what i bought i used ebay money from junk around the house. Thanks for the support guys!

Old 09-01-2004 | 04:20 PM
I know a guy that restored a early 70s bronco. It is silver and black and looks very good.

Since you are going to use twin electric radiator fans, this should mean that you will not have a fan shroud anymore. Therefore, how are you going to mount the lightning intercooler reservoir tank?

What kind of muffler and tip are you going to use?

Last edited by iron horse; 09-01-2004 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2004 | 05:04 PM
|
Alittle Engineering Ingenuity or "Coon a$$ engineering". I'll post a pic when i get home. it is not finish yet but will work for the time being!
I will have a custom muffler shop route TRUE 3" Duals with flowmaster 40's that will exit over and a little past the rear axle, just enough to keep the sound out of the cab put i don't like them showing either. Had tips on the last truck they are a PITA to keep clean and polished!!

Old 09-01-2004 | 05:06 PM
|
Here is a pic of the Bronco! Not to bad but never finished!

Old 09-01-2004 | 05:59 PM
Look'in Good! I bet it looks cool after the mud splatter contrasts the slick yellow paint job!

Old 09-01-2004 | 10:18 PM
|
NO mud for that thing i worked to hard to do that LOL! Oh and by the way.....
SHE'S ALIVE AND YES I AM YELLING ON PURPOSE!!! !!!!!!!
Chip came in the mail today.

I had an issue with the fuel rail leaking so i swapped it out with my N/A 5.4 and she purrs like a lion. All i can say is WOW the throttle response is Spectacular! just revving it up in the shop! I didn't get to drive it yet as my HE brackets aren't going to be here till tomorrow but i let it warm up and set the electric fans turn on temps and tomorrow I will check the torque on the headers and burn some rubber!! HA!

Old 09-01-2004 | 11:28 PM
Thats no stock heat exchanger. Is that the larger JDM version?

Yeah, the roots provides a great throttle response! No powerbraking or reving required.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! .......on the birth of a true monster truck!

Jeez, I started collecting parts for my lightning swap about a year ago, and you swap engines in two trucks, swap transmissions, install the lightning parts and sell your old truck, all within two weeks!!!!

Old 09-02-2004 | 08:00 AM
|
Don't be fooled i started research about the same time (a year ago) and started gathering parts beginning of this year.
NO it is an Afco Heat Exchanger. Today it will roll and i'll give more details!

Edit: oh by the way didn't sleep one wink last night, just kept thinking of rolling on the throttle today!!

Old 09-02-2004 | 12:53 PM
Are you eventually considering replacing the Eaton roots with a Kenne Bell twinscrew. Take a look over on the Lighting forum to see the performance increase!

Old 09-02-2004 | 12:56 PM
|
reliability is my main concern and i think these hp and torque #s will satisfy me for a while so, no i don't think the swap is an option at this time. I hang out in the lightning forum and read alot of their posts and some guys are putting up impressive #s with the eaton, atleast enough for my taste as of now!

Old 09-02-2004 | 04:51 PM
Yeah, and lots of torque just where our heavy trucks need it.........in the zone! haha! Yet, if a person decides they want to try something different, the lightning intercooled manifold allows for, three other roots, two twinscrews, and sometime in the future, two centrifugal and turbo bolt on kits, for a total of 9 choices including the stock Eaton! Very cool, very cool indeed!

.......and brahmus is going to use an Apten ported Eaton M112, so he will see a cooler charge and hp/tq increases over the stock version.

Last edited by iron horse; 09-02-2004 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Lightning time