Lightning Blower on a N/A 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004 | 11:18 AM
|
Lightning Blower on a N/A 5.4

On e-bay, I see ('01-'02) lightning blowers for sale. Some contain the intake to throttle body and everything in between. What else would be needed to convert my '97 non-supercharged LD F-250 to this setup? I know about the alternator and crank pulley. Any guesses on $$ for the parts needed to do the convert? Or, should I just go with a Powerdyne kit. I'm on a tight budget of about $2500. I need more towing power. Dave C.

Old 09-22-2004 | 09:28 PM
One place madenterprise.com One name Mike Dunn I did this swap and i wish i would have called him before i started researching he can help you with EVERYTHING!!

Jace

Old 09-23-2004 | 12:36 PM
yeah, you want a 01' or newer assembly (you want the 10 row intercooler, not the 9 row). You want the throttlebody-plenum-supercharger-upper manifold-intercooler-in-the-lower manifold-with wiring harness-42 pound injectors-and-anything-eles assemblys that you see on E-Bay. You want to try searches under "Lightning" AND Harley Davidson, since the harley assembly is the same (except for black paint and lower psi pulley) and is sometimes cheaper.

You also need:
some additional pulleys/tensioners and
a bracket that bolt on to the front of the engine, since you will be running the engine serpentine belt AND
an additional belt for the supercharger.

You will also need:
Lightning airfilter/housing and tube that connects it to the throttlebody and throttlecable brackets.

You will also need:
the intercooler electric pump,
intercooler reservoir tank,
intercooler heat exchanger and
hoses, and
maybe the egr tube (yours might fit since it is a 5.4).

You will also need:
to replace your stock, in tank fuel pump with at least a 255 lph "high pressure" fuel pump and
a "tuned" computer chip.

These are the major things you need for the basic install. Like brahmus said, your first stop should be Mike Dunn of madenterprise.com before you buy anything.

Keep us updated and good luck!

Last edited by iron horse; 09-23-2004 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Lightning Blower on a N/A 5.4