Air intake and air -fuel ratio tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005 | 03:24 PM
|
Air intake and air -fuel ratio tuning??

I was reading my latest issue of TRUCKS where there was an article about diablo chip.It is an interesting read they are really having tuning issues with their 2004 f-150 .The truck has an aftermarket intake and exhaust .After they tune their programmer to the highest performance tune(93 premium) they notice air -fuel ratio going very lean with 3 error codes.I can not post the graphics but it is very clear to see how engine goes lean with the diablo.They assume the air intake kit is the problem so now they think of pumping 5 percent more fuel to recover the ratio.Did you guys experienced any problems with or without using chips assuming that you also have aftermarket air intake kit and exhausy??(Maybe wrong forum but i will repost there also)

Old 02-27-2005 | 11:03 PM
i'm not familiar with that magazine, but is it the one put out by the ford truck world website? if so, i wouldnt believe anything in it. in my experience they're all full of crap over there.

the only ford magazine worth believing is MMFF. its the bible.

i cant believe that adding a cold air intake would throw codes. as advanced as computers are these days, they can compensate for a vast range of changes. i mean, if a computer can compensate for an out of the box procharger kit without tuning, they it should well be able to handle a simple cold air kit which only adds 4 or 5 horsepower.

like i said, if its the magazine i am thinking about, dont believe it. they probably left the maf unplugged or something stupid like that.

Quick Reply: Air intake and air -fuel ratio tuning??