P1-SC for sale soon.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006 | 06:50 PM
Sorry for the late reply.....

First things first.....RTFM

Is the Procharger great for towing? YES! Will it add 3000# to your vehicle tow rating? NO. A power adder will certainly add power, but there is more to towing than power output.

Gains of 60+ PERCENT are expected and attainable. Take a look at the posted graphs in the "Dyno Sticky".

Where to start? Verify the install....if the belt tensioner is faulty, replace it before going any further. The tensioner can be damaged when it is over-tightened. There are threads here that show the updated belt tensioning procedure. No need to change the pulleys if the belt is loose!

Verify the belt tension is correct. Verify 9 PSI manifold pressure (on a gauge). Check for air leaks (inlet AND discharge side of compressor). Verify the FMU gets a manifold pressure signal (BEHIND he throttle body!)
*verfiy fuel pressure is within spec. Correct or upgrade fuel system as necessary.

*FMU's will drive fuel pressure over stock specs. Check the Prochargers manual.

Seeing only 23 PSI of fuel pressure, especially at WOT, is an indicator of a serious problem. The Procharger P-!SF system with a 3-core intercooler is more efficient than the case 2-core system. Fuel system modifications and tuning are required. We know it is best to sacrifice some top-end power for reliability. A/F ratios leaner than 12.6:1 can cause detonation and lean misfires. Subsequent engine damage may result. Simply driving the system richer will bring power levels up. Data is required to determine whether fuel system upgrades are required. As fuel is added(richer A/F ratio) power will come up.

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:01 PM
adt
|
All of what you said is true and I have checked and rechecked all of that. I have no vacume leaks anywhere, the belt tension is correct, and the in-line pump does have power, it's just not supplying the fuel pressure. I disconnected it and ran it just on the stock pump and there was no change in performance. I'll work that out with ATI. Or maybe get the 255 lph pump. I'm not using the FMU because I have the 42# injectors and 90 mm MAF installed. There's more tuning to be done once the fuel pressure is corrected but I sure don't recommend that anyone go about this tuning via e-mail. I did it for 2 reasons, so I didn't have to give up my truck for 2-3 days, and to save a few $$$ but what a pain in the you know what! But here I am so I'll keep going as far as I can with it before I dump it. I've got a 12 psi pulley and another idler coming soon so I'll keep everybody up to date. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-12-2006 | 11:39 PM
adt-
i know you keep saying that you have power to the inline pump, but do you actually hear the pump when the truck is running?

With it tuned correctly and you get your probs fixed, you will love the procharger. After I had mine tuned on my '02 supercab 5.4, I could spin the tires leaving a dead stop in 2nd gear. This was with stock tires though.

Old 08-13-2006 | 01:00 PM
adt
|
My exhaust is fairly loud so I can't hear the pump running. I had my son turn the ignition on while I was under the truck with my hand on the pump and I could feel it vibrate, only for a second then it shuts off. I don't think it kicks in when I get boost.

Old 08-14-2006 | 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by adt
My exhaust is fairly loud so I can't hear the pump running. I had my son turn the ignition on while I was under the truck with my hand on the pump and I could feel it vibrate, only for a second then it shuts off. I don't think it kicks in when I get boost.
Not sure how the hole system is set up, but it sounds like it is wired into the main fuel pump power which means the pump will cycle on key up. Im also assuming that there is a pressure refference that triggers the pump to come on under boost. If so, start the truck and let it idle and hook a Mitivac (one that you can pump pressure or vacuum with) to the transducer pressure line and pump the pressure up until the pump triggers on.

Last edited by mab351; 08-14-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2006 | 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by adt
If this is the inline pump that is supplied with the procharger system, then you should hear it over your exhaust at idle. It is fairly loud. In fact, most find it so annoying they get rid of it for an in tank pump.

Old 08-15-2006 | 10:57 AM
adt
|
Thanks Maniac, that definately tells me that my pump isn't working. I've heard that before but I wasn't sure how loud it would be. That would be the only reason for the drop in fuel pressure once I get into the boost. I'm calling ATI today.

Quick Reply: P1-SC for sale soon.