P1-SC for sale soon.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006 | 04:49 PM
adt
|
P1-SC for sale soon.

I'm not real happy about it but I think I'm going to sell my Procharger and all the parts that go with it after the summer. Not that it's not working properly, it's just not what I was told it would be. I bought it from Crash about a year ago and he said that it would be great for towing. Accually it's not bad but it's not great. My last dyno run produced 293 rwhp and 330 rwtq at only 7# boost. I'm going to go with a lightning swap, I just need the low end torque. The Procharger just doesn't have it. If there's anyone out there who is thinking about the P1-SC with a 3-core intercooler, lets get in touch. You can check it out in my gallery.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=7238

Old 07-16-2006 | 06:56 PM
Probably nothing to do with the supercharger but tuning instead. Are you running an out-of-the-box setup? Should be seeing more than 7 psi too. Even in the summer I saw 9+ psi on my truck with a stock kit. Absolute bottom end power (1000 - 1500 rpms) won't be helped by another setup. Nothing will generate appreciable boost that low on your truck.

Old 07-16-2006 | 07:55 PM
Luke(adt),you mustn't stray to the dark side..

Seriously tho,your truck should have what you want in it.But how are you only getting 7 psi? Just seems weird compared to others.Before you give up hope,try a 3.4" compressor pulley from ati.12 psi isnt comparable to 7.Its a totally different monster..

Good luck either way

Old 07-17-2006 | 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by ganiman
Seriously tho,your truck should have what you want in it.But how are you only getting 7 psi? Just seems weird compared to others.Before you give up hope,try a 3.4" compressor pulley from ati.12 psi isnt comparable to 7.Its a totally different monster..
Sound's frustrating. You should get the boost up and get a good towing tune before you make a change.

Old 07-17-2006 | 09:25 AM
Suspended
adt...I have a 01 Screw that I had a Procharger on...I had the 9psi kit with Mad's intake, fuel upgrades etc and was pulling 11psi and had 340+hp/420tq and I switched to the L swap also(4x4 needing more low end)

I was going to run the 12psi pulley but decided to switch

the L swap will give you more low end snap but I still wish I had the Procharger for mid to upper rpms

If you have a 2wd truck I would spend the time and maybe a little money and get your setup running good before you decide to switch...its not cheap and there is more labor to do the swap

first you have to decide on what you want your truck to do?

Old 07-17-2006 | 07:24 PM
What he said ^^^^

With Mad's intake on a 9psi kit, I see 10.5 psi. You should be seeing more than 7psi...

Also, I've got cr@ppy non-PI heads and make 318hp, 410 lb-ft.
Your truck should be making a LOT more power than what I'm making.

Perhaps if it was dialed-in correctly you'd be happier with it?

Old 07-17-2006 | 08:14 PM
adt
|
I appreciate all the responses and I assure you that I've thought of all that. I'm just not convinced that even if I spend the extra $$ to get the boost up, that I'll get the power at the low end for towing. If any of you have read some of my posts about what I'm towing you'll know that I'm way over the recommended towing limits for my truck, 7400#. I'm hauling almost 9000#, not everyday, just weekends to the lake and once a year to CA. Right now with my set-up there's no difference in 1st or 2nd gear than before. Around the top of 2nd and into 3rd gear I can feel the power, but anyone who tows needs more torque in 1st. and 2nd. Raider stated that he saw 318 rwhp and 410 rwtq, but that's all almost 5000 rpms, I need that around 3000 rpms where it's more usefull. I know that I'm not done with the tuning yet. I'll be working on that all summer long probably. We'll see how it goes. The major hold up right now is I'm losing fuel pressure, almost 23 psi at 4800 rpms. My stock in-tank pump works and the ATI in-line pump has power to it so I'm very confused as to what the problem is. Oh well, more stuff to tinker with.

Last edited by adt; 07-17-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2006 | 09:00 PM
IMO,

I would buy the 40-50$ pulley from ati(Ive got a brand new one ready to go).I would also get rid of the inline pump,change the fuel filter,and get an intank pump from Mad.Retune the new setup and tell the tuner how much your towing.

Swapping to an L setup,youll still need to improve the fuel system.And as far as towing such a heavy load,it will have better pulling power for sure,but at the cost of your drivetrain.Tho even w/ the ati,towing 9k #'s will really beat up your tranny.But not as much.

Old 07-17-2006 | 09:22 PM
I have $150.....

Old 07-18-2006 | 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by adt
Raider stated that he saw 318 rwhp and 410 rwtq, but that's all almost 5000 rpms, I need that around 3000 rpms where it's more usefull.
That was me, not Raider.
And I don't make that much torque at 5000 rpm.
But it is my power peak.

My torque peaks at about 3000 rpm, but I'm at 380 lb-ft. by 2800 rpm, and it holds it there in a very flat curve.

Everyone seems to think their Procharged trucks are rockets...I also tow a 7,000 lb boat/trailer and it just flies. Great tow vehicle.

Something isn't right with your setup IMHO.
I've never seen anyone with a properly setup Procharger gripe about a lack of power

Prochargers don't make roots-style super-low-end, but it's way more than stock. And it just keeps pulling.

Like I said, I've got a weak, non-PI engine.
Your truck has PI heads and should be making way more power than mine.
Just look at the dyno-graph sticky...you aren't anywhere near what most guys are getting.

Old 07-18-2006 | 08:26 PM
adt
|
Alright guys, you've convinced me to hang in there and take this thing all the way. I'll get the 12# pulley and the in tank pump and of course keep working on the tuning. I also want to get another idler pulley from ATI so I can get better belt wrap, I'm getting belt slip at 4500 rpms. I should be able to keep the same belt I have now when I switch to the smaller pulley. I originally bought the Procharger because I was concerned about the stress on the stock internals with the Eaton blower. So I'll keep going with it cause I really do like the Procharger. More time, more $$$, Oh well, like they say, you can't take it with you at the end.
BTW: sorry about the mix-up Jordan not Mike.

Old 07-18-2006 | 09:05 PM

FYI. I have a brand new 3.4" (12psi) ati charger pulley in addition to a brand new backside idler w/ bushing..When I figure out what I paid,I'll post an offer you cant refuse....capiche(sp?)

Old 07-18-2006 | 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by adt
BTW: sorry about the mix-up Jordan not Mike.
No worries mate.
Don't forget injectors if you go the custom-tune route, to go along with everything else.

Old 07-19-2006 | 07:52 PM
adt
|
Originally Posted by ganiman

FYI. I have a brand new 3.4" (12psi) ati charger pulley in addition to a brand new backside idler w/ bushing..When I figure out what I paid,I'll post an offer you cant refuse....capiche(sp?)
That would be great, let me know ASAP. I won't be able to install it until after I get back from Vacation. Draggin my boat and family unit to San Diago for a week of cruisin & brewsin (boat name) on the high seas. BTW Jordan not Mike, I already have the 42# inj. and the 90mm MAF. As soon as I get the fuel pressure issue worked out I think the tuning will move right along

Old 07-20-2006 | 10:56 PM
Shoot me an email thru this site.Click my user name and select my email..If I post here,I'll end up getting "turbonater advertisement"

Quick Reply: P1-SC for sale soon.