04-06 F150...... Powerworks Magnacharger... Check them out^

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice Perch...I'll bet it gave him a great fight. I used to love catching those things

Old 07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! He'll probably run me down soon in terms of number of fish caught. :o

Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 AM
3 years of excellent service

Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 PM
i can see why over 3 years with no problems due to the kit dosent make enough power to hurt anything was not impressed with this kit at all

Old 08-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by jhunt47
i can see why over 3 years with no problems due to the kit dosent make enough power to hurt anything was not impressed with this kit at all
i honestly think it was your tuning not hardware...

Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 PM
you may be right but i dont think i should have to buy a kit and get custom tunes with a pulley swap to get close to there advertised power rating mike troyer told me i was lucky to get close to 300 rwhp out of this kit and the best he could get was 340-350 that was with custom tune and 2 size smaller pulley

Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 AM

you may be right but i dont think i should have to buy a kit and get custom tunes with a pulley swap to get close to there advertised power rating mike troyer told me i was lucky to get close to 300 rwhp out of this kit and the best he could get was 340-350 that was with custom tune and 2 size smaller pulley
I'd like to see that e-mail

the Roush Non-Intercooled is putting down about 300 RWHP with 412 crank

somehow I doubt an intercooled setup with more PSI can barely make 340 RWHP. Hell, a Intercooled Roush can make 350-360 RWHP with just tuning alone. and 8 psi puts it at about 380-390 RWHP

TUNING or something else is wrong for you. Magnacharger makes a good kit...it just isn't as popular as others. all of the Positive displacement blowers are essentially the same. The major differences lay in the intercooler arrangments and the blading to some degree. but they are all capable of roughly the same HP/TQ goals

Old 08-26-2009, 03:38 AM

Some thing doesn't add up here, either troyer doesn't know what he is doing (Yes i am going to say that) or the magnacharger kit truly sucks. However this is what gets me. I myself am still using the tune that came with the kit. I can produce a 350rwhp/390rwtq to the wheels. yes i do have the 2lbs pulley as the kits does come with very lose boost. May not seem much but my truck is pushing 35" toyo MT's which weigh in at 80lbs plus the 20" wheel that weighs in at 40lbs...

Now this is where it gets interesting, troyer has tuned these truck, to my knowledge running stock wheel/tires with the 2lbs upgrade and can only manage to achieve 340-350 at best.. come one now.. something inst being done right here.. How is i can produce that/equal/more pushing much more resistance..??

Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by weazel
Now this is where it gets interesting, troyer has tuned these truck, to my knowledge running stock wheel/tires with the 2lbs upgrade and can only manage to achieve 340-350 at best.. come one now.. something inst being done right here.. How is i can produce that/equal/more pushing much more resistance..??
exactly

something doesn't add up...and I think somebody is bandying about Troyers name and words without Troyer knowing it.

I'd be interested to see what MT had to say about what Jhunt47 is claiming. Most likely a whole different story

Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 AM
Originally Posted by Tylus
exactly

something doesn't add up...and I think somebody is bandying about Troyers name and words without Troyer knowing it.

I'd be interested to see what MT had to say about what Jhunt47 is claiming. Most likely a whole different story
well in all fairness i have heard those are the numbers Troyer is only able to archive.. that is true..

What i was getting at is it has to be the tuning not the kit..

hope this clears things up.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by weazel
well in all fairness i have heard those are the numbers Troyer is only able to archive.. that is true..

What i was getting at is it has to be the tuning not the kit..

hope this clears things up.
I agree 100%. seems to be a case of bad tunes and just throwing parts at the problem.

as for the MT tuning, well I've seen enough Dyno graphs to believe it. You should check out FTE Ken's 2006 Roush that MT worked on. He shows the entire process from stock > 6 psi Roush Tunes > 6 psi MT tuned > 8 psi MT tuned. pretty cool stuff

hell look at Mr. Positraction. 9 psi and a slightly better exhaust. I think he has 379 RWHP using the stock crap Roush tunes and nothing else. that Magnacharger kit has lots more potential...and I don't believe for a minute that it is limited to maybe 340-350 RWHP

Last edited by Tylus; 08-26-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Originally Posted by Tylus
I agree 100%. seems to be a case of bad tunes and just throwing parts at the problem.

as for the MT tuning, well I've seen enough Dyno graphs to believe it. You should check out FTE Ken's 2006 Roush that MT worked on. He shows the entire process from stock > 6 psi Roush Tunes > 6 psi MT tuned > 8 psi MT tuned. pretty cool stuff

hell look at Mr. Positraction. 9 psi and a slightly better exhaust. I think he has 379 RWHP using the stock crap Roush tunes and nothing else. that Magnacharger kit has lots more potential...and I don't believe for a minute that it is limited to maybe 340-350 RWHP
I know exactly what you mean!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew

hey drew, how many miles on the truck now and how many were with the kit?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 AM
i believe the tuning was the problem there are alot of things that has made me feel this way 1 after install load the tuner and truck would not start had bad program i do not blame magna on this they sent me some wrong componets i got some updated parts but no instructions not too bad yet had a problem running very rich after a few tunes they got that straighten out then the power was low so they sent me another tune and it got better but still low started off at 286 rwhp i believe then they sent there ford programmer to my house and got better power but still alittle low so i contacted mike and thats when he said he has worked with these before and with there base tune he was seeing 290-300 max then one of the bearings went out and the charger was knocking this is a problem they know of because as soon as i told them what it was doing he agreed and said to send it in at this point i was tired of dealing with them so i got my money back also was told that (1 month ago)that after the 20 instock they had were gone they would not be making anymore kits not saying this product was bad just i was tired and spent alot of money install of kit removal of kit extra parts to make it work and shipping i had to pay to get to me and send it back

Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
tylus i have no reason to lie about this after spending over a hour on the phone with him this is what i was told thanks weazel for backing my statement up

Quick Reply: 04-06 F150...... Powerworks Magnacharger... Check them out^