04-06 F150...... Powerworks Magnacharger... Check them out^

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my truck to Troyer to get tuned, as my tune that came with the kit was causing pinging issues, this was after the magnuson vendor who does the tunes sent me an updated tune and still no good and said I was hearing things, "later dude". Mike didn't run that tune on the dyno to see what it was doing or not doing, he just put in his base tune I think and built it from there. My truck at the time was bone stock except for dual flowmaster super 40's, and the 2.8 inch pulley I put on before running up there. Mike ran 7-8 pulls tweaking in between each run, avg HP/TQ I had which I have just one copy of one run is 354/388, now with that being said, he showed me, but no paper in hand to prove it so its just my word, and as I am originally from Missouri (show me) I probably like most others, don't believe it until I see it, but I was hitting on some runs 380/395'ish when my belt was not slipping. The averages were during belt slippage...I for some reason have some severe belt slippage, which I have a few options to try but have not really committed to yet, as some are rather expensive and if it doesn't work all I get are some expensive paper weights out of the deal. Those with low numbers, have you monitored your boost levels while up on the dyno? I would have the boost monitored while making some runs, they are real real quick hits but just enough to kill your boost and HP/TQ number, I am not sure how he monitored them, maybe data logging then plotted on screen? (not tech savvy at all) but they were there on the screen and were up and down like a sine wave.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by batn68
I took my truck to Troyer to get tuned, as my tune that came with the kit was causing pinging issues, this was after the magnuson vendor who does the tunes sent me an updated tune and still no good and said I was hearing things, "later dude". Mike didn't run that tune on the dyno to see what it was doing or not doing, he just put in his base tune I think and built it from there. My truck at the time was bone stock except for dual flowmaster super 40's, and the 2.8 inch pulley I put on before running up there. Mike ran 7-8 pulls tweaking in between each run, avg HP/TQ I had which I have just one copy of one run is 354/388, now with that being said, he showed me, but no paper in hand to prove it so its just my word, and as I am originally from Missouri (show me) I probably like most others, don't believe it until I see it, but I was hitting on some runs 380/395'ish when my belt was not slipping. The averages were during belt slippage...I for some reason have some severe belt slippage, which I have a few options to try but have not really committed to yet, as some are rather expensive and if it doesn't work all I get are some expensive paper weights out of the deal. Those with low numbers, have you monitored your boost levels while up on the dyno? I would have the boost monitored while making some runs, they are real real quick hits but just enough to kill your boost and HP/TQ number, I am not sure how he monitored them, maybe data logging then plotted on screen? (not tech savvy at all) but they were there on the screen and were up and down like a sine wave.

i think he was running the stock upper 3.0, that came with the kit...

On another, i truly do not understand why you have belt slip...

Old 08-26-2009, 02:59 PM
hey batn68 it was with the 3.0 pulley as for belt slip there guy (ford tuner ) told me that when you drop to 2.8 you will experience belt slip i was told that installing a 50000 shim behind the pulley would help as it properly lines up the pullies may try this

Quick Reply: 04-06 F150...... Powerworks Magnacharger... Check them out^