04-06 F150...... Powerworks Magnacharger... Check them out^

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1lowf150
Nice!!!! I have the same set-up on my truck i agree with the shift points they suck.

What is wrong with the shift points?

Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Do we have to get it tuned by your people or can we have it tuned by someone who we feel is capable of it?

What is done to the motor besides the Magnacharger?

Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 AM
The only thing you have to do(should do) is send your PCM for the initial reflash. Then you can have any tuner you want do whatever you like.

Name:  superchargedbypw2.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  100.9 KB

Last edited by anaheim_drew; 10-06-2006 at 09:06 PM. Reason: sig
Old 10-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
The only thing you have to do(should do) is send your PCM for the initial reflash. Then you can have any tuner you want do whatever you like.

Actually, we are offering a handheld programmer now so you don't even have to send the module in if you don't want to. The handheld is also set up to allow you to change tire size, axle ratio, and vehicle speed along with a couple of other things. This option would have (will) helped Drew with shift points when he was running those Beautiful but giant flywheels.

Bottom line is that the silver powdercoated kit runs $4950.00 which includes free shipping of the PCM, or for $5250.00 we will send you the calibration loaded on an Ex-Cal2. This option is nice also because the Ex-Cal 2 stores your original production calibration so if you have installed our kit and for any reason wanted to pull the kit off (for instance on a lease truck) you can pull all of the hardware off and re-flash to the original calibration.

By the way Drew, the billit caps and other changes underhood look great!

Last edited by mab351; 10-05-2006 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by mab351
. This option would have (will) helped Drew with shift points when he was running those Beautiful but giant flywheels.
Not was running but is and always will run 22"s or my 24"s on "Black Chrome"
Even without the changes of wheel and axle size (which should have been included in the PCM reflash) it is a great product which is only going to get better
due to the company improving on various aspects such as the option of the hand held programmer.
By the way Drew, the billit caps and other changes underhood look great!
Thank you. It should all come together once the hoses and custom relay cover are put on this weekend

Old 10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
So what seems to be the issue with the shifts? is it just the scheduling or is it too harsh/soft? Curious since you are one of the few people on here that is running one.

TG

Old 10-08-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hopefully the xcal2 corrects the shift problems stated previously with the original kits' pcm tuning. That's my assumption, but I'd like some clarification because the kit sure seems like a deal compared to all the others currently available.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Hopefully the xcal2 corrects the shift problems stated previously with the original kits' pcm tuning. That's my assumption, but I'd like some clarification because the kit sure seems like a deal compared to all the others currently available.
Clarification
There were and are no shift problems with the original tuning.

My statement seems to have been taken the wrong way by some which I take responsibility for. Those of us with Powerworks, Whipples, Roush all know the feeling of joy after the new install. We also all experience the feeling of "the ride being over too soon" due to the predetermined, rpm,shift points and rev limiters that come with the original pcm tuning. If you search what others have posted, you will find the same statements from them
My statement was ment to put a "thought" in the ear of certain people which as you see from a prior post worked..

The addition of the Xcal with additional tune options

Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Clarification
There were and are no shift problems with the original tuning.

My statement seems to have been taken the wrong way by some which I take responsibility for. Those of us with Powerworks, Whipples, Roush all know the feeling of joy after the new install. We also all experience the feeling of "the ride being over too soon" due to the predetermined, rpm,shift points and rev limiters that come with the original pcm tuning. If you search what others have posted, you will find the same statements from them
My statement was ment to put a "thought" in the ear of certain people which as you see from a prior post worked..

The addition of the Xcal with additional tune options
Thanks. I Just started researching the different superchargers available for our trucks and appreciate the information you guys provide.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:50 PM
mab351 - I recognized the F150 in your signature pic from the One Lap of America coverage. I work with the guys who surprised quite a few people with a couple of minivans. I actually did the modifications of the exhaust for the red van which I think sounded much better than the silver one.

Anyways, they mentioned that the guy with the supercharged F150 (I'm guessing that was you) was selling the same kit from that truck. I have been researching superchargers for my 06 5.4 SCrew FX4 and the Roush has seemed like the best option so far. I recently saw the powerworks kit on ebay and it seemed like a good kit. Are you guys gonna be at any shows around Alabama any time soon?

I'm also wondering about the tuning. I never really liked the idea of sending off the computer for a reflash since it seems like a "cookie cutter" type of tune. I do like the handheld tuner but I'm wondering how capable it is as far as in-depth tuning goes. Would I be able to tune based off a wideband O2? I have experience tuning a mustang with a twEECer module using a wideband and datalogging and this is very extensive tuning. Were you guys using something like that during your One Lap racing?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 AM
4doeFX4
The Roush could be the best supercharger option for you which would be based on your needs and what you feel a product needs to be considered the best.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by 4doeFX4
mab351 - I recognized the F150 in your signature pic from the One Lap of America coverage. I work with the guys who surprised quite a few people with a couple of minivans. I actually did the modifications of the exhaust for the red van which I think sounded much better than the silver one.

Anyways, they mentioned that the guy with the supercharged F150 (I'm guessing that was you) was selling the same kit from that truck. I have been researching superchargers for my 06 5.4 SCrew FX4 and the Roush has seemed like the best option so far. I recently saw the powerworks kit on ebay and it seemed like a good kit. Are you guys gonna be at any shows around Alabama any time soon?

I'm also wondering about the tuning. I never really liked the idea of sending off the computer for a reflash since it seems like a "cookie cutter" type of tune. I do like the handheld tuner but I'm wondering how capable it is as far as in-depth tuning goes. Would I be able to tune based off a wideband O2? I have experience tuning a mustang with a twEECer module using a wideband and datalogging and this is very extensive tuning. Were you guys using something like that during your One Lap racing?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested. Thanks.
Yes, it would be me!
It is a hand-held programmer with a couple of open tuning options. Again, we are one of four companies who are allowed direct access to Ford's software. We still use the factory tools and software which is all real time. Roush is the second, Ford Racing 3rd, and a fourth company not currently in the aftermarket with product.

Unlike some guys I know who ran a couple of mini-vans and seemed to have a different calibration for every track, I never changed anything in the calibration during or after the OLOA event. We unfortunately had a few mechanical issues at the start of the event, but it was not SC kit or calibration issues, we had a brake issue for the first event, and a low octane fill which caused major detonation

From a kit standpoint, don't think you will find much difference in the hardware, so it is all down to software (driveability) performance and customer service. If you read the forums, you'll find guys that have opinions on everything so it comes down to what you want.

I sure didn't see anything unique about your application, so I don't know why you should look at the Roush kit but maybe I missed something.

Click the link and go to the website. Send an email from there from contact us

Old 10-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info.

You are right about not having anything unique, thats why I want to put a supercharger on it!! hahaha. The main reason I was looking for something with more capability is if the time comes to put a smaller pulley on and up the boost, it would be ideal for me to not have to send the pcm off for a reflash. I also enjoy having the cabability of controlling many parameters of engine operation, not just switching between tunes or increasing shift firmness. This is the stuff I deal with at work, so if there's a product that offers in-depth control, then I'm all over it.

Thanks again for the help and I'll definitely send some emails your way through your website.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Dyno Numbers

With the skills to do your own custom tuning, using my out the box numbers should give you an idea of the potential of the Powerworks Supercharger. These numbers were with the pcm reflash, 22" wheels, tonneau cover all speed limiters on....etc

Can you say custom Powerworks tune time I can

Last edited by anaheim_drew; 10-10-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
4doeFX4,
Anytime you up the boost you will need a new tune.And if your project is a ford platform and you want to tune it yourself,check out sctflash dot com.Ive been using the Pro racer package coupled w/ a lm1 wideband sensor and love it.Its paid itself off already considering how much my truck has evolved.No more tuner/dyno time saves alot!

Good luck

edit : Nice numbers anaheim_drew..Get the sucker to the track

Last edited by ganiman; 10-10-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 04-06 F150...... Powerworks Magnacharger... Check them out^