Pulley Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006 | 04:51 PM
|
Originally Posted by X2daC
Are you talking about your upper or lower pulley? Your boost pressure is the ratio of the crank pulley to the pulley on your Vortech. If you want bigger numbers, get a bigger pulley on your crank, but do it safely. You also might want to look into a heads/cam setup along with a fuel system before you start upping your boost, so you give your motor some insurance that it can supply your new found power just fine with out hurting it.
The s/c pulley. According to Whipple, the stock fuel system is good up to 12psi. The part that worries me the most is the pistons. If I ever decide to go further, I definately dropped some forged ones in.

Old 10-04-2006 | 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by mcdover
The s/c pulley. According to Whipple, the stock fuel system is good up to 12psi. The part that worries me the most is the pistons. If I ever decide to go further, I definately dropped some forged ones in.
I hear that. I think that most s/c users are keeping their fingers crossed, hoping the stock bottom ends will last awhile. and still pushing it! Good luck.

Old 10-04-2006 | 07:53 PM
Well if you're a non 5.4L 3Valve owner, like myself, the 4.6L 2Valve V8 is shared between the Mustangs. After a few hours of research, the only thing I found different between our 4.6L V8s and the ones in the Mustang, is our compression, and a different cam. So essentially we can buy 4.6L V8 Mustang parts for our motors.

Quick Reply: Pulley Swap