New dynorun with 3" pulley

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006 | 10:01 PM
And my point is the name powerworks was never mentioned in the truck show.Although us forum members can realize who actually makes it,I bet there are plenty of people who have plenty to spend that dont frequent the forums who just want the power.Never underestimate the power of an infomercial.Again,this is only something that mab or another powerworks rep could clear up,so were just wasting our time debating.

Old 10-13-2006 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by ganiman
And my point is the name powerworks was never mentioned in the truck show.Although us forum members can realize who actually makes it,I bet there are plenty of people who have plenty to spend that dont frequent the forums who just want the power.Never underestimate the power of an infomercial.Again,this is only something that mab or another powerworks rep could clear up,so were just wasting our time debating.

Powerworks does not make superchargers. Magnusum makes them and others use them. Ford built our trucks but they dont make tires.

Last edited by anaheim_drew; 10-13-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2006 | 10:17 PM
Ok,knowing that,then Magnasun is selling kits to powerworks and banks.And comparing the two,us online folk would prefer the powerworks over the banks.But banks has just reached a hell of alot more people considering how many people watch trucks compared to how many people are on these forums.Good free marketing move on magnasuns part,and thats how you sell more product.

Last edited by ganiman; 10-13-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2006 | 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by ganiman
Ok,knowing that,then Magnasun is selling kits to powerworks and banks.And comparing the two,us online folk would prefer the powerworks over the banks.But banks has just reached a hell of alot more people considering how many people watch trucks compared to how many people are on these forums.Good free marketing move on magnasuns part,and thats how you sell more product.
I am so glad that someone else understands what I have been saying since the episode came on tv.

Next, with that understood if the supercharger was installed first, dyno tested and the headers then installed and dyno tested if the numbers did not go up then ............ nobody would want the headers, thus no extra all profit money for banks since this is a product they make..

But with the supercharger installed last, the only direction the dyno numbers could go would be up. As a result the tv watching consumer sees a steady hp increase and feels that it takes all of the componants to achieve the end result of 335/355

Old 10-13-2006 | 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by mcdover
Are you saying that the average person who has $7K+ to drop on a mod, is not going to do his/her homework? I don't care if it says Dingleberry on the box it comes in, I would know who made it before I drop $7K on a mod for a truck! And, I don't care if it's pushing 5.5 lbs or 25lbs, my point is Banks promoted a product on national tv and fumbled the ball. They should have made sure it dynoed at numbers closer to their competition.
If this is your position then why do people continue to by the Whipple with claims of 394/434 out the box numbers that nobody here online has achieved without additional parts,money and a custom tune?

Originally Posted by mcdover
On the dyno today with the whipple installed. Graphs are in the garage, so the only number I'm 100% sure about is 364 rwhp. Torque was lower than I expected. My best pull was with the Bama Chips tune. If memory serves me right, I picked-up about 25hp over the whipple tune that came with the s/c. Only mod so far is the whipple and tune.

Old 10-14-2006 | 11:48 AM
|
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
If this is your position then why do people continue to by the Whipple with claims of 394/434 out the box numbers that nobody here online has achieved without additional parts,money and a custom tune?
As far as my numbers vs. whipples, my truck is 4wd. I drove it over an hour to the dyno, where it immediately went on the rollers in 95+ degree heat. Heat soak along with drivetrain loss and 20" wheels resulted in my original numbers. From my reading, most people are getting about 225rwhp stock with 2wd, I got 205rwhp. So, the only way to compare blower to blower would be hp created at the flywheel. There are too many variables from truck to truck to make an equal comparison. I did my homework, and actually brought printed copies of this forum to my initial dyno tune to make sure my guy understood that the speed limiter needed to be removed to obtain the maximum potential. He probably already knew this, but I wasn't leaving anything to chance.

My point is if you are ready to drop $7K on a blower and you have access to forums, tv, and manufacturers websites, which one do you think is going to be bought? Banks did themselves a disservice by allowing their product to go on tv with those numbers with all the extras. They used the wrong truck as a mule. They should've used a 2wd with stock 18" wheels and tires. They lost focus on their objective. I doesn't matter what you have to sell, your goal in marketing is to convince your market why they should choose your product. Would you trade your Powerworks for the Banks? You got 25hp more without the headers and exhaust and would assume you paid a lot less that $7K. If I was looking for a new blower and I saw the Trucks episode and then read your posts, it would be a no brainer!

Quick Reply: New dynorun with 3" pulley