engine hp Capability’s

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 04:28 PM
Cool

HI!... Sure you will, you'll be slow! BWAAAA! lol! (JOKE)

Actually the turbo I'll be running will be a T-76. It's about the size of a basketball. The problem with a SC is that, if you want to change boost levels, you have to swap out pulleys and run different length belts depending on how much you want to crank the boost up. With a turbo, you simple turn a know on your boost controller and flick a switch to a different tune. To make 500RWH.P with a a sc on a 5.4, the SC steals over 125H.P to make that. The properly sized turbo only steals about 20H.P to produce 500RWH.P.

Old 01-25-2007 | 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Neal
...The problem with a SC is that, if you want to change boost levels, you have to swap out pulleys and run different length belts depending on how much you want to crank the boost up. With a turbo, you simple turn a know on your boost controller and flick a switch to a different tune. To make 500RWH.P with a a sc on a 5.4, the SC steals over 125H.P to make that. The properly sized turbo only steals about 20H.P to produce 500RWH.P.
Yeah, I'll give you that... an SC system does pull a lot of power off the engine to function. The biggest problem I've noticed with a SC system is the cost though. The cost of a turbo "kit" and a supercharger "kit" are the same, but you can't really build your own SC kit like you can with a turbo setup. I'll give you that, too.

Old 01-25-2007 | 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by jg09
Maybe...but at least I won't feel like a ricer with my super charger.

Quick Reply: engine hp Capability’s