need help installing L&S oil sep kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007 | 07:19 PM
|
Question need help installing L&S oil sep kit

do any of you Lightning guys have photos of an L&S oil separator kit installed? i am trying to install one on my Harley D. and the instructions that came with the kit are a little dodgey and i'm not quite sure where to run some of the hoses. there is also a 3/8" black rubber cap that came with the kit....where does this go

Old 01-29-2007 | 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by zombiemachine
do any of you Lightning guys have photos of an L&S oil separator kit installed? i am trying to install one on my Harley D. and the instructions that came with the kit are a little dodgey and i'm not quite sure where to run some of the hoses. there is also a 3/8" black rubber cap that came with the kit....where does this go
Let me know how well it works. I have the same problem with my SC set up, oil in the intake behind the TB. I've got to find an answer. Checked the L forum but have not seen a system that really works. Everyone needs to take a look at theirs.

Old 01-29-2007 | 09:26 PM
|
based upon my research this is the best kit available anywhere. not the cheapest kit but according to customer reviews it actually works unlike other products. i haven't cleaned my intercooler yet but i just installed a ported plenum and SBTB (the OEM units were absolutely covered in oil) but i'm swapping in the L&S kit to keep new oil from entering the intake and lower manifold.

oh yeah i just located install tips on his website (www.LNSauto.com). doh!

Old 01-30-2007 | 01:13 PM
Suspended
I have the L&S kit and it works great

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by raider
I have the L&S kit and it works great

I got a Steeda oil seperator. Bought two, one for the mustang and one for the truck. I couldn't believe how much oil this thing is collecting!

Old 02-06-2007 | 05:48 PM
Suspended
the L&S kit returns the oil back to the engine...no need to empty any containers

Quick Reply: need help installing L&S oil sep kit