loosing power

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007 | 06:59 AM
|
loosing power

hi guys. i finally finish the lightning swap. started up, idled it for 10 minutes, and i took it around the block. WOW! so much power that everytime when i gas it. my wheel spins out. i love it.
the next morning when i started up, everything was running smooth. but i notice now when i gas, my wheel don't spin out, and a slight hesitation. it seems like it's slower than before the transplant.
there are no visable oil leaks. everything seems to run smooth.
what is wrong?

Old 03-21-2007 | 08:09 AM
|
loosing power

by the way, my oil pressure light came on , does that effect the power? and do i need to get a new oil pressure sender?

Old 03-21-2007 | 09:34 AM
power loss

Hi,
How many miles are on your truck? Where was your oil pressure gauge reading before, where now? Did you just change out your intake and put the blower on?Did you change heads, do head gaskets?
Lowflyingbird

Old 03-21-2007 | 12:21 PM
adt
Check for vacume leaks.

Old 03-21-2007 | 01:05 PM
|
loosing power

i have 14,000 miles on the truck. and all i did was went in my house and slept, came out lost power. .. i was reading some of other peoples posts. and i think my intercooler pump did not work when i lost power. i believe that will account for lost of major power. i 'll check the pump today

Old 03-21-2007 | 07:34 PM
I second the motion, Vacuum leak.

Since you have such low milage, I'd have to agree with the vacuum leak theory. Even a slight one will kill your boost. Since you mentioned a oil pressure light. I was concerned that you might have lost a ring or something on a high mile engine, shooting the boost into where you oil is? Hopefully its just a vac. hose.
Lowflyingbird

Old 03-22-2007 | 02:20 AM
|
loose

got my power back.. it was the intercooler pump. now truck felt like how it was. the oil pressure light came on i believe because the sender was accidently broken off by me when i installed the engine , i jb welded... i guess it's time for a new one...or i don't need to? if it's just a faulty light.. do i need to replace?

Old 03-22-2007 | 02:22 AM
|
smog

by the way, i need to get it smog..will i have any problems? i have no headers, just a cat back exhaust with my lightning swap.

Quick Reply: loosing power