Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 03:47 PM
Thanks Matt

Did you get new injectors? Did you add the lighter weight crank pulley? Or is it the 2lb blower pulley (smaller?) I read somewhere that the pulley that comes with the roush was very heavy. Did you have to upgrade the fuel pump? Was that included in the kit?
Thanks again!

Old 05-11-2007 | 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by F150FX4
I am curious to know if it is necessary to add injectors, a larger throttle body, MAF and fuel pump with the Whipple? I see the Powerworks kit comes with injectors, not sure about Whipple and Roush.

For the stock Whipple install, you won't need any of those. If you plan to upgrade the boost for more HP, the MAF and injectors (and the new pulley) are a good idea.

Call Mike at Whipple 559-442-1261, option 1 to discuss your needs. He sure helped me get mine sorted out. I'm going to 10 PSI with the bigger injectors (already have the 95mm MAF) this Monday. I was originally going to use a new crank pulley, but the logistics got too complicated.

Good luck,

Lee

Old 05-11-2007 | 03:57 PM
The Whipple kit comes with all the hoses and couplings to install your new intercooler and air intake system. You get new heat range "0" spark plugs and cooler thermostat, etc. to keep things running cooler for less chance of detonation. You get a new MAF as well. (You may choose to upgrade to the 95mm; it comes as part of the kit for 10PSI: injectors, pulley, MAF) You also get the new belt, and the Ford Racing programmer for PCU reflash. So, if you do the install at home or another shop, you can still drive the truck safely until you get to the dyno for the custom tune.

I'll try to help with any other questions if I can.

Lee

Old 05-11-2007 | 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by F150FX4
Did you get new injectors? Did you add the lighter weight crank pulley? Or is it the 2lb blower pulley (smaller?) I read somewhere that the pulley that comes with the roush was very heavy. Did you have to upgrade the fuel pump? Was that included in the kit?
Thanks again!
the kit come's with 39# injectors I did add the lighter pulley but my guage reads 8.5 lbs of boost. and I did not have to upgrade the fuel pump parts that come with the kit are in here its a long list. http://store.roushperformance.com/im...ushcharger.pdf

Old 05-19-2007 | 08:44 PM
|
Whipple

Originally Posted by RBFC
I'm not quite finished yet.

Monday we install a 2.875 upper pulley and the 39# Whipple-modified Cobra injectors. With a new tune, my numbers will be much better. We purposely detuned the current motor a bit because of the winter gas AND the fact that I wanted to complete the "Whipple upgrade" with pulley and injectors. I should see right around 10# of boost then, being at 5500+ feet of altitude.

I got the 95mm modified Cobra MAF with my original Whipple kit. It would have been a part of the upgrade anyway.

I would recommend that you get the kit that includes the Ford Racing reflash programmer. It will allow you to safely start your truck after the SC install, giving you a good baseline tune from which you can tweak things on the dyno. You can also drive the truck right away with the Ford tune, even though it won't reach its ultimate potential.

I'll try to help out if I can.

Good luck,

Lee

Thanks again Lee, I hope all is well w/ your upgardes. Got my Dynateh headers thursday and they sent me the 97-03's vs. the 04+. The correct set should be here soon. Crash_Lucky13 has been a real stand up friend to me and I recommend he and his team w/o reservation. I look forward to joining the supercharged club. Thanks again for your help, Eugene

Quick Reply: Whipple