Belt driven turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007 | 11:09 PM
You'll need a custom tune for those injectors. The stock 19# injectors will supply you with enough fuel for any basic bolt-ons you could do. If you want to make power on that truck then just save your money for now. Yours is an NPI engine and it will never really run without a power-adder or serious engine mods.

Old 09-25-2007 | 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by justjames80
You'll need a custom tune for those injectors. The stock 19# injectors will supply you with enough fuel for any basic bolt-ons you could do. If you want to make power on that truck then just save your money for now. Yours is an NPI engine and it will never really run without a power-adder or serious engine mods.

True.
Trust me, I wasted a ton of dough figuring that one out.
I shoulda just bought the blower in the first place.

Old 09-26-2007 | 08:42 AM
|
Recieved guys thanks!

Old 09-26-2007 | 08:50 AM
Global Moderator &
yea do CAI, full exaust with LT headers and then go from there if you still need more

Old 09-26-2007 | 11:57 AM
|
I've got CAI, new manifolds (headers seemed too much messing around), free flow exhaust, and a small chip. My CAI isn't truely as effective as it can be I guess I'm gonna work on pumping cold air up to it with some sort of blower with ducting.

Old 09-27-2007 | 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by NYfordguy
My CAI isn't truely as effective as it can be I guess I'm gonna work on pumping cold air up to it with some sort of blower with ducting.

Don't do that either.

Old 09-27-2007 | 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by NYfordguy
I guess I'm gonna work on pumping cold air up to it with some sort of blower with ducting.

Its not going to work, in reality it will probably do more harm than good. For starters you will be hard pressed to find a blower that can increase the amount of airflow it supplys based on RPM. With that in mind you will have a blower(using the term loosely) supplying too much air at idle and low RPM's creating turbulence, then something supplying too little air at high speeds which will cause a restriction in the air flow. It will play hell on the computer and will pretty much impossible to tune around.

The best way to supply cold air to the motor is to get the filter out of the engine compartment. Look for an intake that will run the filter into the void between the inner fender walls and the outer fender skin. It will not be "Cold" air but it will be air at aimbiant temps which is as good as its going to get. The problem with all of the intakes that keep the filter under the hood in the engine compartment is even though they do have a bit of outside air coming in they are still running hotter due to the aimbiant temps under the hood. Stay away from metal intake piping they are subject to heat soak, and stay away from any intake that you can see the filter by simply popping the hood. They look cool when you pop the hood and show your buddies the big cone shaped colored filter but just like the metal intake piping they are subject to heat soak as well.

This is just my opinion, you can do what you want with it but it is what I have learned in the last 14 years of trying to get every ounce of power out of ever car I have ever had.

Old 09-27-2007 | 09:19 AM
A lot of company's are making a forced air kit now,,look around.
I'm running this kit on my truck. http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/s...products_id=33
It's hooked into the fender and has another hole in the bottom with a tube running down under the front bumper.

Phil

Old 09-27-2007 | 02:37 PM
|
Alright guys thanks for the info! Time to do some R&D!

Quick Reply: Belt driven turbo?