Magna Charger 2004-2007 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issues that i am having is that the engine seem to studder when i go form idle or crusing speed to full thordlle. I currently have an appointment with the shop to have it dyno tuned but i am afraid that i am going to do damage to the truck befor it gets in for the the new tune. I took it to another shop and they said that they think that it is a tuning issue and there seems to be no Knocking or pinging but i feel like i am running scared. Has anyone else had this type of issues with this type of supercharger. Again i would park it but it is my only form of tranportation to and from work at this time. Also i have been running the 91 octane gas which is the higest level of octane gas that they sell in colorado. One last question. If i have the truck tuned for altitude will i have issues if i take it to sea level? Do i need the Shop to make me two tunes one for Home and one for sea level .

Sorry about the spelling and thank you guys for all of your help so far.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
sounds like it's a little rich . on a carb you would go down on your main jet or back off on the accelerator pump but now thats all donw with tuning. I wouldn't be afraid of engine damage.. lean is where I would be afraid.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Yea, i would conclude it is tuning, i know for a fact my truck runs to rich.. You can hear it in the exhaust and smell it too. I know exactly what you mean, there no power on this tune. I have Yet to get a real tune but look forward to doing so. Also i personally have notice that i can feel the torque converter lock and unlock constantly on the high when i let off and push the throttle slightly. It makes a bucking feeling on the truck. To me the tune they provide makes it run, but runs like ****....

Old 08-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by weazel
If im not mistaken its there own, i don't think it capable of a custom tune to be loaded to it...
I Just Bought one and it is an SCT tunner that comes with that kit and you can have a custom tune added to it you just have to go to and SCT authorized tuner in your state.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by FORDTRK

Old 10-17-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FORDTRK, are you dyno tuned? What kind of boost are you running, 400/440 are some nice numbers if not. Either way, that is a great price if it were any lower I'd buy it without thinking twice.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
FORDTRK, are you dyno tuned? What kind of boost are you running, 400/440 are some nice numbers if not. Either way, that is a great price if it were any lower I'd buy it without thinking twice.
I hope he comes back i have some Question my self!!!

Josiah you should jump on that kit... 3k, man i wish i paid that !!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
400/440 was on a dyno tune with the 6 psi out of the box. Do I think the dyno was happy? yeah maybe 10-15 hp.....Like they say dynos are like boobies, no two are the same

If you are serious about an F-150 kit give Magna Charger a call....they might be interested in dealing on these Lets just call it an F-150 online. com discount

Old 10-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Whats the phone #, I can't afford one right now but a friend of mine might be able to & I'm sure he would love a good deal

Old 10-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
Whats the phone #, I can't afford one right now but a friend of mine might be able to & I'm sure he would love a good deal
www.magnacharger.com

Old 10-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Question

Originally Posted by USMC/F150
The issues that i am having is that the engine seem to studder when i go form idle or crusing speed to full thordlle. I currently have an appointment with the shop to have it dyno tuned but i am afraid that i am going to do damage to the truck befor it gets in for the the new tune. I took it to another shop and they said that they think that it is a tuning issue and there seems to be no Knocking or pinging but i feel like i am running scared. Has anyone else had this type of issues with this type of supercharger. Again i would park it but it is my only form of tranportation to and from work at this time. Also i have been running the 91 octane gas which is the higest level of octane gas that they sell in colorado. One last question. If i have the truck tuned for altitude will i have issues if i take it to sea level? Do i need the Shop to make me two tunes one for Home and one for sea level .

Sorry about the spelling and thank you guys for all of your help so far.
Did you ever get you problem solved with your magma supercharger system. I also live in colorado an I am considering purchacing the same system. Did you install it yourself or did you have a business install it. Im the the best when it comes to working on vechicles. Actually I suck. I usually pay other people to work on them. But I always wanted to learn. The price on ebay is awsome so I might be getting one. But it mihgt have to wait a little while longer. Dont think it will help me in the middle of afghanistan...

Old 10-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 2006harley
Did you ever get you problem solved with your magma supercharger system. I also live in colorado an I am considering purchacing the same system. Did you install it yourself or did you have a business install it. Im the the best when it comes to working on vechicles. Actually I suck. I usually pay other people to work on them. But I always wanted to learn. The price on ebay is awsome so I might be getting one. But it mihgt have to wait a little while longer. Dont think it will help me in the middle of afghanistan...
Well need less to say the truck has ended up costing almost 1000$ in tuning. Every time the shop fixed one propblem it generated another propblem. They say that it is a propblem with this perticular SC on my truck. After talking to a couple of people around here i am about to pull the darn Magna Charger off and throw it in the trash. I feel that it will be of more use in a land fill then on my truck!!!!! Then when i am able to save up some money i will purchas a Roush or even a wipple. So if you really wanna know my opion on these stupid things just go out and buy your self a 3000$ boulder it will work about the same!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch, what are the details on your problems?

Quick Reply: Magna Charger 2004-2007 F-150