2008 F150 5.4 Roush Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008 | 09:52 AM
|
2008 F150 5.4 Roush Supercharger!

Guys I have about 800 miles on my truck, that's it. Will it hurt to put the supercharger on now? My Current mods that matter as of now: Magnaflow Duals, K&N CAI, Poweraid TBS and a Jet MAFS. Would any other mods need to be done, like a programmer or anything? And will the supercharger work in conjuction with these mods? I may wait until we do the 6" lift with 35's before we put the S/C on. What do you guys think? Try to go into a little bit of detail with me guys! Thank's in advance!!

Old 07-03-2008 | 11:38 AM
Get your roush through Troyer and have him tune it (either data log or just normal tunes). You can put it on anytime, and it wont hurt a thing. The Roush is the most compelete kit and easy to upgrade. Just one of the more expensive to buy. I would say lift the truck first, because when the tires take away all most of your stock power, the Roush will feel awesome. Other wise you'll probably miss the power that your tires took away from your Roush.

Old 07-03-2008 | 11:56 AM
|
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Get your roush through Troyer and have him tune it (either data log or just normal tunes). You can put it on anytime, and it wont hurt a thing. The Roush is the most compelete kit and easy to upgrade. Just one of the more expensive to buy. I would say lift the truck first, because when the tires take away all most of your stock power, the Roush will feel awesome. Other wise you'll probably miss the power that your tires took away from your Roush.
Could you specify what you mean when you say (data log or normal tunes) And will the supercharger work with all my other mods? If I installed the S/C I probably would not even need a programmer or anything correct?

Old 07-03-2008 | 11:57 AM
K&N CAI, Poweraid TBS and a Jet MAF, would have to come off. And you would need a tuner such at Xcal2 or 3. Mike Troyer has done all my tuning he has done a ton of Roush blown f150's

Old 07-03-2008 | 12:20 PM
|
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
K&N CAI, Poweraid TBS and a Jet MAF, would have to come off. And you would need a tuner such at Xcal2 or 3. Mike Troyer has done all my tuning he has done a ton of Roush blown f150's
That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks buddy. How would I get in touch with Mike Troyer? is there a website or something?

Old 07-03-2008 | 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by brian2k
That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks buddy. How would I get in touch with Mike Troyer? is there a website or something?
http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi-bin/ppistore.pl
He is argueably the best F150 tuner in the country. He did my N/A truck and I love it.

Difference between "data log" or "normal tunes"

"Normal Tunes" - he can write tunes for the mods you have and you can run them right away. Your truck will run good but you won't be squeezing out all the power you could get.

"Data log tunes" require more work/money because it requires Dyno(Or you could do it yourself but you need to buy some stuff to data log) time but your truck will dialed in perfectly.

Old 07-03-2008 | 01:27 PM
I'd put the blower on now instead of waiting until after you lift it..

It'll make the install easier.

Old 07-03-2008 | 03:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by mgp32
http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi-bin/ppistore.pl
He is argueably the best F150 tuner in the country. He did my N/A truck and I love it.

Difference between "data log" or "normal tunes"

"Normal Tunes" - he can write tunes for the mods you have and you can run them right away. Your truck will run good but you won't be squeezing out all the power you could get.

"Data log tunes" require more work/money because it requires Dyno(Or you could do it yourself but you need to buy some stuff to data log) time but your truck will dialed in perfectly.
Thanks a lot for the info. I went to troyerperformence.com and checked them out. Pretty freakin awesome. BTW khendrix2374 love the truck man! You to mpg32

Old 07-03-2008 | 04:40 PM
Yea personally Id go data log tune, you need a laptop and a wideband. Troyer can help with all the details!

Old 07-03-2008 | 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
Hey Matt how you doing??
I took the Crew to the track earlier this spring and it went 14.7 @ 91 mph.
Not bad for being non-intercooled and on 35's.. I am toying with hitting it with a 50 hp wet shot. Will see after Bristol in August.

Old 07-03-2008 | 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Hey Matt how you doing??
Not bad for being non-intercooled and on 35's.. I am toying with hitting it with a 50 hp wet shot. Will see after Bristol in August.
I'm sorry for hi-jacking Brian's thread, but Marc...man, take off those 35s and put on your stock tires and wheels (if you still got them). You will reduce parasitic loss by 50 hp.

Last edited by GerRod; 07-03-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-03-2008 | 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Hey Matt how you doing??
I'm still around truck still going strong I have been at a Coast Guard aviation school for the past 10 weeks, 14.7 is a good time exp with them 35's that 50 shot may get you in the 13's. The last time I was at the track all I did was spin plus its getting to hot to go race, keep me up to date on this wet shot

Quick Reply: 2008 F150 5.4 Roush Supercharger!