Boost Bypass Valve Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008 | 11:37 AM
|
Boost Bypass Valve Questions

Ok, I'm not at home so I can't check it out and I need some help. I was wondering which side of they bypass valve should be facing the supercharger and which side is the vent? This is for a Vortech supercharger. I just finished installing it and I think Vortech has it pictured wrong in their instructions. I'm getting conflicting pictures on other sites also....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bosch...QQcmdZViewItem

The end opposite the vacuum hose is the pressure release side correct? The side perpendicular to the vaccum hose is the pressure inlet side?
I'm not getting any boost now and it's hooked up per Vortech's pictures but I'm thinking they are wrong. Or is my valve just bad?

Old 07-23-2008 | 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by derrick929
The end opposite the vacuum hose is the pressure release side correct? The side perpendicular to the vaccum hose is the pressure inlet side?
That's how mine was, and it worked fine.

Old 07-23-2008 | 01:05 PM
|
Thanks onelow....I was hoping you would chime in pretty quick. Vortech has it wrong in their directions and I sure was dissapointed in the performance of the supercharger and when I finally got my boost gauge hooked up, I see why now...only 1lb of boost if I am lucky... I knew it felt like something wasn't up to par.

Hopefully reversing my bypass valve and I'll get more boost. I can't wait to get home and see if this works.....sure will make me feel a lot better.

Quick Reply: Boost Bypass Valve Questions