intercooled vs non intercooled???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my Non I/C kit for the fun factor. I am actually quite happy with my current 300 crank HP. But I couldn't pass up another 112 HP/TQ...especially when it is $2,400. I got mine from the eBay seller (Roush Overstock) for $2,700 shipped to Hawaii...which is still a good deal, even after $300 shipping

I would love the I/C setup, but for $5,500...vs $2,400...it doesn't make sense logically. especially if you only gain a measly 33 HP for $3,000 more.

I can build e-fans and either peice the rest of the kit together from Roush, or custom build a I/C'd setup later on. Roush has everything you need using thier online install PDF...pictures also. We'll see if my ~412 crank HP cuts the mustard, or if I'll follow in FX4 Matt's steps.

I just want to do a tire smoking launch off the line. If my truck does that, I'll be a very happy customer

now if that damn S/C would just arrive...so I can send the PCM out and get it back by Monday next week

Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
I just want to do a tire smoking launch off the line. If my truck does that, I'll be a very happy customer
dont worry you wont have problems doing that

Old 10-08-2008, 02:45 PM

It just arrived...Roush is the chit.

Now I've got to get the wife to let me install before the weekend...and I've got 1/2 a tank of 87 octane in there to burn off.

maybe I'll go do 1 more good ole fashioned mud session. for comparison of course once the S/C'er is installed

Old 10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
It just arrived...Roush is the chit.

Now I've got to get the wife to let me install before the weekend...and I've got 1/2 a tank of 87 octane in there to burn off.

maybe I'll go do 1 more good ole fashioned mud session. for comparison of course once the S/C'er is installed
i wouldnt go in the mud right before you install the supercharger unless you are going to clean rediculously before you start install. im just saying it might be easier if its already pretty clean. are you going to be getting it dynoed soon?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
i wouldnt go in the mud right before you install the supercharger unless you are going to clean rediculously before you start install. im just saying it might be easier if its already pretty clean. are you going to be getting it dynoed soon?
it's already muddy as hell from the last time. I'm going to have to spend some serious time cleaning before I can even attempt disassembly

as for dyno time...well I blew the toy budget out the window. so Dyno time will have to wait for spring. 3 months, but I'll just suck it up so I can get a Livewire & custom tunes

Quick Reply: intercooled vs non intercooled???