Question about Boost/Volume

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008 | 07:03 AM
5.4 in L/HD is SOHC vice DOHC. Modular motors are different. For your rebuild you will need an L/HD steel crank, new H beam rods and forged pistons. And all new bolts since the orginal are torque to yield and can be only be used once. The rods are of the cracked cap design and can not be reburbished, if they need it. You should use new cam chains and hydraulic tensioners as well. And the gaskets will cost to the tune of about $600. Other than that a piece of cake.

Good Luck!

Old 10-17-2008 | 10:01 AM
Truck of the Month
/\/\/\ what he said X2

Old 10-17-2008 | 12:47 PM
|
Thanks CobraKit, I caught that after, I was think 2 cams instead of one in my 302, not 2 per head, which is a DOHC.

I am hoping I can sell my GT next summer and put it all towards the truck motor. The mustangs seem to be a pretty easy sell around here, I just want to go over it and make sure everything is fine before I try and sell it to anyone. It's leaking oil pretty bad form the oil pan gasket and the oil pressure sending unit. I need to pull the motor anyway to replace that, so I am going to just rebuild the 302 we pulled from my buddy's car and do a swap.

I found my Chilton Manual for the truck, I think the only thing it's good for are the torque specs.

Quick Reply: Question about Boost/Volume